June seminar topics include Catholic school identity and Verbum Domini
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Hamilton, VA (May 15, 2012) - Catholic Distance University is offering two online seminars during the month of June at the university’s online campus. These seminars, The Way Catholics Use Scripture: Pope Benedict’s Verbum Domini, June 4 -25, and Catholic School: The Challenge, The Culture, The Charism, June 18 – July 9, provide an inspiring and convenient way for Catholics to learn more about the Catholic faith.
Pope Benedict’s Apostolic Exhortation Verbum Domini is a ‘goldmine’ for Catholics looking to better use Sacred Scriptures. The Way Catholics Use Scripture seminar will work systematically through the Exhortation that Pope Benedict has conveniently divided into three parts: The Word of God, The Word in the Church, and The Word in the World.
Catholic School: The Challenge, The Culture, The Charism is a must for anyone teaching in a Catholic school. This seminar will explore five defining dimensions of Catholic Schools found in the documents of the Second Vatican Council and post-conciliar statements on Catholic education. Participants will develop a better understanding of the unique culture of the Catholic school and understand how to promote Catholic identity.
CDU seminars provide a great formation tool for all Catholics. The online format allows for a classroom that is available anytime, day or night, to read a lecture, participate in a group discussion, reflect and pray in the online chapel, and ask questions of the instructor. Seminars can be taken for credit at the undergraduate or graduate level or at the noncredit level.
CDU is an accredited online university offering a MA in Theology, BA in Theology, and AA in Catholic Studies. The university also offers a graduate level certificate in Sacred Scripture and several noncredit certificate programs in Scripture, Church History, the Catechism and Catechetical Methods. CDU has crossed the threshold of the new Net and invites adults to experience firsthand its power to bring together outstanding faculty, current theological topics, and a global learning community to serve the laity who hunger to deepen their knowledge and love of Jesus Christ. Learn more at www.cdu.edu or 1.888.254.4238 ext. 700.
Catholic Distance University
http://www.cdu.edu VA, 20158 US
Therese Cashen - Director of Marketing,
Catholic School identity, online Catholic theology, Pope Benedict, Verbum Domini,
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Marriage and Family at the Forefront of Social Science Conference
- New books and key experts available in time for October Synod on Marriage and Family
- Franciscan University Reacts to Latest HHS Mandate Ruling
- Former Polish Prime Minister to Speak on Legacy of St. John Paul II
- Divine Mercy Drama Comes to Washington, DC
- Gospel of Mark — Ready, Set, Go! - September 6, 2014
- Come to the Sisters of Providence Fall Discernment Weekend Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2014
- New Book Helps Readers Trust God with St. Therese's Little Way
- CatholicTV Launches 2.0 of iOS app, Android 2.0 to soon follow
- OCP brings music to South Korea’s Asian Youth Day