St. Catherine of Siena Academy Names New Director of Student Affairs/Athletics
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WIXOM, MI (April 19, 2012) - St. Catherine of Siena Academy in Wixom has named Bruno Fernandez to the position of Director of Student Affairs/Athletics. Mr. Fernandez comes to St. Catherine with nearly 13 years of experience in Catholic education.
“I am very thankful to St. Catherine of Siena Academy for giving me the incredible opportunity to combine my love and expertise in the fields of education and sports into this position,” said Bruno on his decision to come to the Academy. “I am looking forward to contributing to the development of a strong academic environment and a competitive athletic program based on the philosophy of Blessed John Paul II and his understanding of the Feminine Genius.”
Mr. Fernandez’s background is a perfect match for the Academy’s commitment to the integral formation of young women. His expertise in the management of youth programs, curriculum development, and athletic programs will be of great benefit to the growth of our school in the years to come.
As the Director of Student Affairs/Athletics, Mr. Fernandez has the responsibility of integrating academic achievement, discipline, and sports into the school’s mission, and promoting the dignity of women and the teachings of the Catholic faith. These areas include positive student behavior programs, student activities, a comprehensive sports program, and leadership and spiritual growth opportunities through retreats, events, field trips, and other meaningful activities.
“Bruno comes to us with the highest of recommendations and a wealth of experience in Catholic education from both Notre Dame High School and Loyola Catholic High School,” said Kathy Tarnacki, Principal. “We are delighted to have him as a member of our administrative team, and we look forward to the perspective and expertise he brings to the departments he will oversee”
Bruno earned a law degree from the Universidade Compostelana in Spain. He is married and has one son.
About St. Catherine of Siena Academy
St. Catherine of Siena Academy is an all girls’ Catholic high school, located in Wixom, Michigan. The challenging college-preparatory curriculum and Catholic student-life experiences are rooted in the theology and philosophy of Pope John Paul II, and his understanding of the “feminine genius”.
“If you are what you should be, you will set the world ablaze!” ~ Pope John Paul II
St. Catherine of Siena Academy
http://www.saintcatherineacademy.org MI, 48393 US
Lia Johnston - Director of Development, 248-946-4848
St Catherine, Academy, Wixom, Michigan, Catholic
Catholic Schools & Religious Education
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Role of Beauty Examined at 'Power of Beauty' Conference
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Named a 2015 'Best Value' by Kiplinger's Personal Finance
- Franciscan University Faith Households Celebrate 40 Years
- Tolkien’s Christmas wish: limited government and a good movie?
- New Album Time Stands Still, Debuts with U.S. Tour
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?