One World...One Mother Mass/Procession in Times Square
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
New York, NY (April 12, 2012) – The Legionaries of Christ and the Church of the Holy Innocents are pleased to announce the 2nd Annual One World One Mother Mass and Procession in New York City.
The event will take place on Saturday, May 5, 2012 at 4PM. This event will incorporate a Mass and a Procession of Iconic Images of Our Lady from all over the world. The Mass will be at the Church of the Holy Innocents, located at 128 West 37th Street, New York, NY. The main celebrant of this Mass will be Edward Cardinal Egan, Archbishop Emeritus of the Archdiocese of New York.
The event will begin with a Mass in honor of Mary as Catholics celebrate the Marian month of May. Following the Mass, there will be a procession to Duffy Square on 46th Street and Broadway and back to the church. In the procession, various banners, representing images of Our Lady from all over the world, will be on display. These images were reproduced with the permission of photographers from the Holy Land, and they come from the Basilica of the Annunciation in Nazareth (Israel).
“Last year, over 700 Catholics from various nationalities participated in this event. They wanted to show their devotion to Mary, whom we believe to be the Mother of God. She is an example of holiness and love which we all cherish. We hope that this annual procession will be a way for all people of many nations to come together in prayer and fellowship,” says Fr. Thomas Vendetti, LC, organizer for “One World…One Mother.”
Fr. Thomas Kallumady, pastor of the Church of the Holy Innocents, added, “This event is important to the Catholic faithful and to the city of New York. While we walk to Times Square in prayer, we are also praying for the many people we see along the way. We entrust these New Yorkers to the protection of Mary, our mother.”
For more information on this event, please visit www.oneworldonemother.com
For more information about this event or to speak with an event manager, please contact
http://www.oneworldonemother.com NY, 10065 US
Mario Bruschi - ,
Mary, blessed mother, marian, new york, Catholic, young, international
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- RENEW International Staff to Attend International Meeting Pastoral Project of “Evangelii Gaudium” a
- Little Sisters of the Poor to Receive Franciscan University's Poverello Medal
- Is Pope Francis for real?
- 18th Annual Carnival at St. Ann’s Parish
- The CatholicTV Network to Broadcast Blue Mass for Public Safety Personnel with Cardinal Seán O'Malle
- Back-to-School Blog Tour Highlights Catholic Children’s Literature
- New York, NY: Sat Sep 27th NYC Catholic Professionals Mass & Social
- Celebrate Christmas in Harvard Square
- Divine Mercy Saint Drama Comes to Williamsburg, Virginia
- America's First-Pro-Life Half Marathon/5K Set for Nov. 9