JSLI Rabbinical School Ordains new group of Rabbis
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NEW YORK, NY (March 21, 2012) - The Jewish Spiritual Leaders Institute (JSLI) founded by Rabbi Steve Blane ordained its second class of rabbis on at the Duncan Center in Delray Beach, Florida on Jan. 15, 2012
Nine Rabbis were granted Semicha- Rabbinical Ordination- at this very special and meaningful event.
"JSLI is an online Rabbinical School which meets weekly. Web based technology allows us to work together with students anywhere in the world!" said Rabbi Blane
At each session, we join together in prayer (daven), explore the weekly Torah portion (parasha) and discuss relevant Rabbinic commentaries (responsa.) Our curriculum explores traditional Halacha (religious law) and progressive responses to everything from Kashrut/Eco-Kashrut through Brit-Milah/Brit Shalom. And each month we also focus on Jewish rituals and life-cycles.
We have continuing education for our Rabbis as well- Lunch & Learn sessions are scheduled bi-monthly throughout the year and feature Guest Lecturers as well as Rabbinical Student Presentations.
Our unique backgrounds and skills are the gifts we share as we journey on our path toward the goal of rabbinic ordination. Along the way, we strive to build community and friendships that will last throughout our lifetimes.
You can view a short segment of JSLI's second Ordination Weekend at this URL: http://youtu.be/_6Q57cfiH-c
JSLI- The Jewish Spiritual Leaders Institute
http://www.rabbi.net NY, 10024 US
Rabbi Steve Blane - , 201-338-0165
rabbi steven blane, rabbinical school, rabbinical seminary
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- George Weigel on Evangelical Catholicism in Catholic Universities
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2014
- ‘Christmas in Harvard Square’ wows with impressive debut on Billboard charts
- Pontifical Low Mass (DVD & Booklet)
- Horrific tragedy inspires Catholic entrepreneur to create powerful novel
- Cardinal Raymond Burke: Synod’s mid-term report ‘lacks a solid foundation in the Sacred Scriptures'
- Little Sisters of the Poor Receive Franciscan University’s Poverello Medal
- Bring Mary of Nazareth home
- 'Encounter Milwaukee' to Reach Catholic Young Adults
- Pray for a G20 leader a day