Brothers to discuss “Nuclear Power: Promise and Peril” for Dominican Siena Center
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
River Forest, IL (February 28, 2012) - Dominican University theologian William George and his brother, Thomas George, a nuclear power industry engineer, will discuss the promise and peril of nuclear power in a lecture for Dominican’s Siena Center on Thursday, March 22, at 7:00 p.m. in Room 263 of Dominican’s Priory Campus, 7200 Division Street, River Forest.
William George is a professor of theology and director of the undergraduate core curriculum at Dominican. He received his PhD from the University of Chicago Divinity School and holds a master’s degree in divinity from Weston School of Theology. He also holds a master’s degree in philosophy from Gonzaga University. His research has covered such topics as religion and international relations, gun violence, undergraduate education and pedagogy, global ethics and concern for future generations.
Thomas George has been president of Numerical Applications Inc. since 1984. The company provides custom software development services and engineering support for the nuclear power industry. He earned his PhD in mechanical engineering from Oregon State University.
They will share the podium to discuss issues of moral and technological responsibility relating to nuclear power.
The event is free and open to the public. For more information, contact the Siena Center at (708) 714-9105.
Dominican University established the Siena Center to engage the critical issues of church and society in the light of faith and scholarship. The center was named for St. Catherine of Siena, a 14th century laywoman who worked for the reform of the church and justice in the world. Her passionate devotion to the central issues of church and society inspires the work of the center in its schedule of lectures, symposia, workshops, retreats, research and seminars.
http://www.dom.edu/newsroom/press/2012/february/article_0010.html IL, 60305 US
Dan Armstrong - Public Relations Manager, 708-524-6452
nuclea power, lecture, dominican university, siena center, chicago, river forest, debate, science
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Franciscan University Faith Households Celebrate 40 Years
- Tolkien’s Christmas wish: limited government and a good movie?
- New Album Time Stands Still, Debuts with U.S. Tour
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?
- Meet a Medieval Pro-life Saint: Elizabeth of Hungary
- My Battle Against Hitler Blog Book Tour