Brothers to discuss "Nuclear Power: Promise and Peril" for Dominican Siena Center
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
River Forest, IL (February 28, 2012) - Dominican University theologian William George and his brother, Thomas George, a nuclear power industry engineer, will discuss the promise and peril of nuclear power in a lecture for Dominican's Siena Center on Thursday, March 22, at 7:00 p.m. in Room 263 of Dominican's Priory Campus, 7200 Division Street, River Forest.
William George is a professor of theology and director of the undergraduate core curriculum at Dominican. He received his PhD from the University of Chicago Divinity School and holds a master's degree in divinity from Weston School of Theology. He also holds a master's degree in philosophy from Gonzaga University. His research has covered such topics as religion and international relations, gun violence, undergraduate education and pedagogy, global ethics and concern for future generations.
Thomas George has been president of Numerical Applications Inc. since 1984. The company provides custom software development services and engineering support for the nuclear power industry. He earned his PhD in mechanical engineering from Oregon State University.
They will share the podium to discuss issues of moral and technological responsibility relating to nuclear power.
The event is free and open to the public. For more information, contact the Siena Center at (708) 714-9105.
Dominican University established the Siena Center to engage the critical issues of church and society in the light of faith and scholarship. The center was named for St. Catherine of Siena, a 14th century laywoman who worked for the reform of the church and justice in the world. Her passionate devotion to the central issues of church and society inspires the work of the center in its schedule of lectures, symposia, workshops, retreats, research and seminars.
http://www.dom.edu/newsroom/press/2012/february/article_0010.html IL, 60305 US
Dan Armstrong - Public Relations Manager, 708-524-6452
nuclea power, lecture, dominican university, siena center, chicago, river forest, debate, science
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- When Pope Francis Arrives in North America, There is Only One Network to Watch: EWTN Global Catholic
- The Synod on the Family: Addressing the Instrumentum Laboris
- GHIRELLI'S WORLD MEETING OF FAMILIES ROSARIES NOW AVAILABLE
- OCP Artist, Pedro Rubalcava, Writes Song for Pope Francis' Visit
- Pre-Synod Conference unites Cardinals and men and women living with homosexual tendencies
- The Rigging of a Vatican Synod
- 17 Cardinals and Counting
- 19th Annual Carnival Announced for St. Ann's Parish
- OCP Pledges to Support the V Encuentro
- The John Paul II International Film Festival Marks Its Five-Year Anniversary