Visitation Sisters Rejoice in Worldwide Growth on St. Francis de Sales' Feast Day Jan. 24
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
BROOKLYN, NY (January 10, 2012) - As Visitation Sisters around the world look forward to the feast of St. Francis de Sales Jan 24, the sisters in the United States say that an interest in the spirituality crafted by St. Francis de Sales and St. Jane de Chantal remains strong and shows signs of growth.
That's true, judged by web visits to the Sisters' new Second Federation website, begun last Feb. 26. Visits have increased to 650 per month, according to the Order's federation of five houses throughout the eastern and Midwest United States. The website has posted a steady stream of articles on Salesian spirituality, while explaining little-known devotions and facts in the lives of the two founders, St. Francis de Sales and St. Jane de Chantal.
Video on Foundress
A video produced by the Second Federation, "Longsuffering Leader: the Life of St. Jane de Chantal" has gained nearly 3,000 views since its publication in August. And its "Living Jesus Chat Room" has attracted a vibrant Sunday audience on its website, at which participants talk about the Salesian spirituality and vocation.
The Order, formally known as the Order of the Visitation of Holy Mary, was founded in 1610 by Saint Francis de Sales and Saint Jane Frances de Chantal in Annecy, Haute-Savoie, France. The charism of the Visitation Order combines gentleness with a valiant spirit; initiative with communal support; dedication to prayer with presence in the world, and a contemplative life with an apostolic dimension. The order's motto is "Vive JÚsus" (French for "Live Jesus").
The Order spread from France throughout Europe and to North America. Today they number approximately 2,500 Sisters in more than 150 monasteries throughout the world. The group is growing in Africa; there is a monastery in Korea, and in South and Central America the houses continue to expand. In the United States there are 11 monasteries in two federations. Six are dedicated to the contemplative life, and the others -- Georgetown, St. Louis, Mendota Heights, Brooklyn and Minneapolis -- add apostolic works to their contemplative life.
For more information on the Visitation and its spirituality for religious and laity, visit the Second Federation of the Visitation at www.VisitationSpirit.org.
Order of Visitation of Holy Mary - 2nd Federation
http://visitationspirit.org/blog/ NY, 11209-5716 US
Kevin Banet - Publicist,
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Crosier Order elects master general and councilors
- Indie Catholic Authors June Ebook Sale Offers the Faithful 17 Books Outside the Mainstream
- World Library Publications Honored With Three Paul Revere Awards
- Limitless Love in Action: First Steubenville Youth Conference Inspires Teens to Bring the Fire Home
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Athletic Director Enshrined in Sports Faith Hall of Fame
- AWARD-WINNING CATHOLIC AUTHORS TEAM-UP TO PROMOTE HEALING THROUGH FORGIVENESS
- NY CONCERT FOR NEPAL 5/31
- Who's responsible for designing the designer?
- Thu, Jun 11, 2015- Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Bill Adams at Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church
- Your search for true happiness is over