Dominican lecture explores the Christian story in light of new scientific developments
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
RIVER FOREST, IL (January 10, 2012) - Dominican University’s Siena Center will host scholar Heidi Russell, director of the pastoral studies program at Loyola University Chicago, for a discussion, “In the Beginning . . . Recasting the Christian Story in Light of Scientific Developments” on Thursday, February 2, 2012 at 7:00 p.m. in room 263 of the Priory Campus, 7200 Division Street, River Forest.
Russell’s presentation will examine the effects on Christian faith on new technology and scientific discoveries rapidly emerging in today’s world. She will lead discussion about how to speak of the Christian story in ways relevant to today’s scientific world.
The event is sponsored by the Albertus Magnus Society of Dominican’s Siena Center, made possible in part by a gift from the Donald P. and Byrd M. Kelly Foundation.
The event is free and open to the public. For more information, contact the Siena Center at (708) 714-9105 or visit dom.edu/ams.
Named in honor of Albert the Great, Dominican priest and patron saint of scientists, the Albertus Magnus Society is a program of Dominican University’s Siena Center that gathers persons with an academic, professional or general interest in exploring issues related to the intersection of religious belief or experience and scientific insight. The goal of the society is the pursuit of new information and insight in a setting that is both scholarly and congenial, and reflects the Dominican understanding of the compatibility of religion and science.
http://www.dom.edu/newsroom/press/2012/january/article_0003.html IL, 60305 US
Dan Armstrong - Public Relations Manager, 708-524-6452
Dominican University, Loyola University, lecture, Albertus Magnus Society, science, Heidi Russell
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Religious Educators Learn How to Keep Christ at the Heart of the New Evangelization
- Fifth Centenary Celebration Unifies Faithful through Spirituality, Technology and Music
- Media Advisory: Messenger of the Truth documentary to air in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara
- Provocative music-driven love story to contend in year of faith films
- Youth Conference Brings Teens 'Face to Face' With God
- The CatholicTV Network Honors National NFP Awareness Week
- Leading Catholic Church law judge and bishops support Catholics faithful to spouses after divorce
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater L.A. Announces Catholic Coalition Partnership, Inaugural Build Event
- Liguori Publications Buys Franciscan Media’s Parish Resources
- Pauline Books & Media 2014 CPA Awards