Dominican lecture explores the Christian story in light of new scientific developments
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
RIVER FOREST, IL (January 10, 2012) - Dominican University’s Siena Center will host scholar Heidi Russell, director of the pastoral studies program at Loyola University Chicago, for a discussion, “In the Beginning . . . Recasting the Christian Story in Light of Scientific Developments” on Thursday, February 2, 2012 at 7:00 p.m. in room 263 of the Priory Campus, 7200 Division Street, River Forest.
Russell’s presentation will examine the effects on Christian faith on new technology and scientific discoveries rapidly emerging in today’s world. She will lead discussion about how to speak of the Christian story in ways relevant to today’s scientific world.
The event is sponsored by the Albertus Magnus Society of Dominican’s Siena Center, made possible in part by a gift from the Donald P. and Byrd M. Kelly Foundation.
The event is free and open to the public. For more information, contact the Siena Center at (708) 714-9105 or visit dom.edu/ams.
Named in honor of Albert the Great, Dominican priest and patron saint of scientists, the Albertus Magnus Society is a program of Dominican University’s Siena Center that gathers persons with an academic, professional or general interest in exploring issues related to the intersection of religious belief or experience and scientific insight. The goal of the society is the pursuit of new information and insight in a setting that is both scholarly and congenial, and reflects the Dominican understanding of the compatibility of religion and science.
http://www.dom.edu/newsroom/press/2012/january/article_0003.html IL, 60305 US
Dan Armstrong - Public Relations Manager, 708-524-6452
Dominican University, Loyola University, lecture, Albertus Magnus Society, science, Heidi Russell
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- RENEW International Staff to Attend International Meeting Pastoral Project of “Evangelii Gaudium” a
- Little Sisters of the Poor to Receive Franciscan University's Poverello Medal
- Is Pope Francis for real?
- 18th Annual Carnival at St. Ann’s Parish
- The CatholicTV Network to Broadcast Blue Mass for Public Safety Personnel with Cardinal Seán O'Malle
- Back-to-School Blog Tour Highlights Catholic Children’s Literature
- New York, NY: Sat Sep 27th NYC Catholic Professionals Mass & Social
- Celebrate Christmas in Harvard Square
- Divine Mercy Saint Drama Comes to Williamsburg, Virginia
- America's First-Pro-Life Half Marathon/5K Set for Nov. 9