Catholics Across the U.S. Unite Under OCP Mass Settings
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PORTLAND, OR (November 22, 2011) - This Sunday, November 27, 2011, thousands of churches across the U.S. will sing the new Roman Missal using leading liturgical publisher OCP’s Mass settings.
Dioceses and Archdioceses from coast to coast have been testing, listening to and recommending—in some cases mandating—the use of specific new and revised Mass settings for the implementation of the Roman Missal, Third Edition. At least 33 U.S. Catholic Dioceses—roughly 3400 churches—have chosen to recommend a setting published by OCP.
"I was on a subcommittee for the Archdiocese of Anchorage, Alaska. We chose the Mass of Renewal to use during the new Roman Missal implementation…The melodies are beautiful and should be easy to teach," says Travis Harrington, Choir Director at St. Andrew in Eagle River, Alaska.
OCP publisher, John Limb says, “Since the new English translation of the Roman Missal was announced, our resolve to provide of the highest-quality worship programs and spiritually-enriching music only grew stronger. We are incredibly honored that Catholic assemblies around our nation will trust in OCP-published settings to welcome these liturgical changes.”
Currently, OCP worship resources are used in over two-thirds of Catholic churches in the U.S. Most recently, they have been at the forefront of news and resources pertaining to the new Roman Missal. In addition to the extensive New Roman Missal Resource site, earlier this year, OCP announced that downloadable assembly editions of all their Masses would be available with unlimited reprint permissions through Advent 2014. All of OCP’s published Masses have been approved by the Bishop’s Committee on Divine Worship.
To learn more about Mass settings, the resources OCP has developed in anticipation of the new Roman Missal, as well as all the Dioceses recommending OCP Mass settings, please visit ocp.org/NewMassSettings.
For additional information, interview, sound bite or photo requests, please contact Erin McClellan at 503-460-5363, email@example.com.
OCP, a not-for-profit publisher of liturgical music and worship resources based in Portland, Oregon, has been in operation for nearly 90. Worship programs produced by OCP are used in over two-thirds of Catholic churches in the United States and are distributed worldwide. More information is available at 1-800-LITURGY (548-8749) and ocp.org. Find OCP on facebook at facebook.com/OCPmusic.
OCP (Oregon Catholic Press)
http://www.ocp.org OR, 97213 US
Erin McClellan - PR/MarCom Specialist, 503.460.5363
OCP, Oregon Catholic Press, new Roman Missal, Mass Settings, new Translation, implement
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- The CatholicTV Network to air Feature on the Fine Arts Summer Academy
- The CatholicTV Network to air Ordinations to the Priesthood for the Archdiocese of Boston
- Live Web Event with Scott Hahn
- New Book by IPS Brings together Psychologists, Theologians and Philosophers to 'Build the Bridge'
- Remembering Fr. Kapaun and all our fallen heroes on Memorial Day
- First U.S. Publisher to Speak at Canadian Catholic Schools Convention
- IPS Press Announces Last Book from the Late Benedict Ashley, O.P. A Culmination of His Life's Work
- Human cloning for stem cells remains unethical, impractical and dangerous
- Book Launch: The Church Under Attack
- Angels and Saints at Ephesus debuts at No. 1 on Billboard’s Classical Traditional Music Chart