IPS Online Seminar: Dr. Paul Vitz on Hatred and Forgiveness
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Arlington, VA (November 10, 2011) - The Institute for the Psychological Sciences (IPS), a distinct Catholic graduate school of psychology, is offering a new online seminar entitled "Interpersonal Hatred and Other Barriers to Forgiveness" taught by renowned professor and scholar Dr. Paul C. Vitz.
Presented on December 9th from 9:30 am to 11:30 am EST, this course will explain the origin of interpersonal hatred, why people like and hold onto it, and its long-term consequences. It will also offer some practical applications for helping a client overcome hatred.
Although tailored primarily to the needs of mental health professionals, this seminar will provide useful information for priests, pastoral ministers and other interested individuals.
Dr. Vitz’ teaching and extensive research focuses on the integration of Christian theology, especially Catholic anthropology, with psychology. Dr. Vitz earned his Ph.D. from Stanford University, and completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Michigan. He served as a professor of Psychology at New York University for many years prior to joining the faculty at IPS.
The course is co-sponsored by the National Institute for Relationship Enhancement and provides two CE credits. The cost to attend is $50, or $45 for early registration by Nov. 20, 2011. Attendance is limited.
To register, please visit http://a3.acteva.com/orderbooking/bookEvent/A313314
For more information, contact the IPS Distance Learning Office at (703) 416-1441x129.
Founded in 1999 in Arlington, VA, IPS is a Catholic graduate school of psychology offering master's and doctoral degrees in clinical psychology, and a master's degree in general psychology.
The Institute's distinctive curriculum integrates the science of psychology with insights about the human person from theology and philosophy. At IPS, students are trained to use this integrated approach along with empirical methods, for comprehensive assessment and therapeutic intervention.
Institute for the Psychological Sciences
http://a3.acteva.com/orderbooking/bookEvent/A313314 VA, 22202 US
Ellen Guarente - Asst. Dir. of Promotions, (703) 416-1441 x.116
psychology, graduate school, seminars, counselor, psychologist, Catholic Church, student, vocation
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles make Billboard Chart history
- NYC Sat Dec 21st Catholic Professionals Mass & Christmas Social
- Pope Francis to Celebrate Bambinelli Sunday, December 15
- Celine Dion Moved to Tears Voicing Her Support for Mary’s Meals documentary, CHILD 31
- 'Francis: A Pope For Our Time, The Definitive Biography'
- Ignatius Press to release Pope Francis’ first Apostolic Exhortation
- Steve Ray Conference December 14,2013 in Brighton, MI
- A trip to another planet shatters assumptions
- Christian Doctors Providing Relief Work to the Philippines
- Production of Catholic cartoon about Saint Kateri Tekakwitha