IPS Online Seminar: Dr. Paul Vitz on Hatred and Forgiveness
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Arlington, VA (November 10, 2011) - The Institute for the Psychological Sciences (IPS), a distinct Catholic graduate school of psychology, is offering a new online seminar entitled "Interpersonal Hatred and Other Barriers to Forgiveness" taught by renowned professor and scholar Dr. Paul C. Vitz.
Presented on December 9th from 9:30 am to 11:30 am EST, this course will explain the origin of interpersonal hatred, why people like and hold onto it, and its long-term consequences. It will also offer some practical applications for helping a client overcome hatred.
Although tailored primarily to the needs of mental health professionals, this seminar will provide useful information for priests, pastoral ministers and other interested individuals.
Dr. Vitz' teaching and extensive research focuses on the integration of Christian theology, especially Catholic anthropology, with psychology. Dr. Vitz earned his Ph.D. from Stanford University, and completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Michigan. He served as a professor of Psychology at New York University for many years prior to joining the faculty at IPS.
The course is co-sponsored by the National Institute for Relationship Enhancement and provides two CE credits. The cost to attend is $50, or $45 for early registration by Nov. 20, 2011. Attendance is limited.
To register, please visit http://a3.acteva.com/orderbooking/bookEvent/A313314
For more information, contact the IPS Distance Learning Office at (703) 416-1441x129.
Founded in 1999 in Arlington, VA, IPS is a Catholic graduate school of psychology offering master's and doctoral degrees in clinical psychology, and a master's degree in general psychology.
The Institute's distinctive curriculum integrates the science of psychology with insights about the human person from theology and philosophy. At IPS, students are trained to use this integrated approach along with empirical methods, for comprehensive assessment and therapeutic intervention.
Institute for the Psychological Sciences
http://a3.acteva.com/orderbooking/bookEvent/A313314 VA, 22202 US
Ellen Guarente - Asst. Dir. of Promotions, (703) 416-1441 x.116
psychology, graduate school, seminars, counselor, psychologist, Catholic Church, student, vocation
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- ValLimar Jansen's latest album "a soulful experience"
- Uncovering the roots (and branches) of the greatest revolution in the American Catholic Church
- NYC May 8, 2015 Spring Fling Catholic Singles Mingle Fundraiser
- Thank A Nun Day
- #TweetingwGod dares young people to believe
- Experience Beloved: Finding happiness in marriage
- Archbishop Aquila, Dr. Edward Sri and other experts to participate in 'Beloved' telepress conference
- Catholic toymaker puts Faith in hands and mouths of babies: Pope Francis doll added to line of toys
- Nobis Media, Marketing & Web Development Company
- Concert Series Concludes with Winthrop University World Percussion Ensemble