Solemn High Mass in Honor of the Feast of St. Ann
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CHARLOTTE, NC (July 21, 2011) - Solemn High Mass according to the Missale Romanum (Roman Missal) (1962) will be celebrated by Fr. Timothy Reid, pastor of St. Ann Catholic Church on Tuesday, July 26, at 7:00pm at 3635 Park Road, Charlotte, NC 28209 in honor of the feast of St. Ann. Fr. Matthew Kauth will be deacon and seminarian Jason Christian will act as sub-deacon.
A Solemn High Mass is similar to the Missa Cantata in that the Mass is sung by the priest and the schola; the difference is that there will be additional sacred ministers, a deacon, a sub-deacon, acolytes, a thurifer and many altar servers. Each of the sacred ministers has a particular role to play. There will be programs to help the faithful pray the Mass. All are invited to join this historical celebration of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass.
St. Ann Catholic Church is a parish that for more than 50 years has been a beacon of faith in the Charlotte community. Our parishioners form a community that endeavors to support one another as we grow together in faith and holiness. Moreover, the strength of our faith and our commitment to authentic Catholic values, teaching, and tradition will ensure that this parish will continue to reflect God's endless love, grace, mercy and goodness for years to come. We are the only parish in the area that regularly uses Gregorian Chant and offers the old Latin Mass.
St. Ann Catholic Church
http://www.StAnnCharlotte.org NC, 28209 US
St. Ann Catholic Church - , 704-523-4641
Latin, Solemn High Mass
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?
- Meet a Medieval Pro-life Saint: Elizabeth of Hungary
- My Battle Against Hitler Blog Book Tour
- Hildebrand and the Third Reich
- Pray the rosary with your Sisters
- Something Other Than God nominated for Best Memoir & Autobiography in Goodreads 2014 Choice Awards