Prayer of Pope Paul Vi You are Our Mother
O Mary, bless the great assembly of the hierarchical church, which also gives birth to brothers and sisters of Christ, the firstborn among redeemed humankind.
O Mary, grant that this church of Christ, in defining itself, will acknowledge you as its most chosen mother, daughter, and sister, as well as its incomparable model, its glory, its joy, and its hope. We ask you now that we may be made worthy of honouring you because of who you are and because of what you do in the wondrous and loving plan of salvation. Grant that we may praise you, O holy Virgin!
O Mary, look upon us who are your children, look upon us who are brothers and sisters, disciples and apostles and continuation of Jesus. Make us aware of our vocation and our mission; may we not be unworthy to take on, in our priesthood, in our word, in the offering of our life for the faithful entrusted to us, the representation and personification of Christ. O you who are full of grace, grant that the priesthood that honours you may itself also be holy and immaculate.
O Mary, we pray to you for our Christian brothers and sisters who are still separated from our Catholic family. See how a glorious group of them celebrate your cult with fidelity and love. See also how among another group, who are so intent on calling themselves Christians, there now dawns the remembrance and the veneration of you, O most holy Lady. Call these children of yours to the one unity under your motherly and heavenly aid.
O Mary, look upon all mankind, this modern world in which the Divine Will calls us to live and work. It is a world that has turned its back on the light of Christ; then it fears and bemoans the frightening shadows that its actions have created on all sides. May your most human voice, O most beautiful of virgins, O most worthy of mothers, O blessed among women, invited the world to turn its eyes toward the life that is the light of man, toward you who are the precursor-lamp of Christ, Who is the sole and the highest Light of the world. Implore for the world the true understanding of its own existence; implore for the world the joy of living as the creation of God and hence the desire and the capacity to converse, by prayer, with its Maker, whose mysterious and blesses image it reflects within itself.
Implore for the world the grace to esteem everything as the gift of God and hence the virtue to work with generosity and to make use of such gifts wisely and providently. Implore peace for the world. Fashion brothers and sisters out of persons who are so divided. Guide us to a more ordered and peaceful society. For those who are suffering, today there are so many and ever new ones, afflicted by current misfortunes, obtain solace; and for the dead, obtain eternal rest. Show yourself a mother to us; this is our prayer, O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary!
More Pope Prayers
Showing 1 - 46 of 46
A Guide for Confession
- Your candle will serve as a symbol of your sincere and prayerful intentions.
- Our prayer community will join you in prayer, multiplying the voices in petition with you.
- Your candle can be shared with friends and family, if you wish.
- These candles are perfect for loved ones, as memorials, and for those in need who are far away.
Heavenly Father, in glorifying Jesus and sending us your Spirit, You open the way to eternal life. May my sharing in this Gift increase my love and make my faith grow stronger. Send Your Spirit to cleanse my life so that the offering of myself to You at Mass may be pleasing to You. May my ... continue readingMore Prayer of the Day
In the centuries old Catholic tradition, holy cards or prayer cards are small, devotional cards for the use of the faithful. Prayer cards have an endless amount of use and make wonderful gifts and keepsakes.
Pick a Prayer Section
by Catholic Online
- Day 2 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD Video
- Daily Readings for Sunday, April 23, 2017
- Does this mysterious stone hold a secret about human civilization?
- St. George: Saint of the Day for Sunday, April 23, 2017
- Scientists discover hobbits are real, but they're not related to us
- Day 3 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD Video
- NYC Catholics accuse Cardinal Dolan for 'playing both sides' as ...
- Day 1 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, April 25th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, April 24th, 2017 HD
- Intro to the Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.