Franciscan priest chosen to lead Lenten meditations
As the Lenten season draws near, Pope Francis has been hard at work preparing.
Pope Francis prepares for the Lenten season.
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - According to L'Osservatore Romano, the Pontiff chose 53-year-old Franciscan Father Giulio Michelini to lead Lenten meditations.
Fr. Michelini explained he would lead with St. Matthew's description of the passion, death and resurrection of Christ.
Pope Francis and higher level members of the Roman Curia will make their annual retreat to the Pauline Father's retreat center in Ariccia March 5-10.
The Lenten retreat will begin the evening of March 5 with Eucharistic adoration and vespers.
The following three days will include a 7:30 a.m. Mass, meditations led by Fr. Michelini at 9:30 a.m. and another meditation at 4 p.m.
Adoration and vespers will conclude each day until March 10, which will include an extra closing reflection from Fr. Michelini.
The Pontiff will not be conducting any public or private audiences during the Lenten retreat.
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for JUNE 2017
National Leaders. That national leaders may firmly commit themselves to ending the arms trade, which victimizes so many innocent people.
by Catholic Online
- 'Half-Man-Half-Beast sent by the Devil' sparks fear in South African ...
- How a Catholic should deal with Tinder and other dating apps
- Daily Reading for Monday, June 26th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Saturday, June 24, 2017
- St. John the Baptist: Saint of the Day for Saturday, June 24, 2017
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, June 27th, 2017 HD Video
- The end of the farm as we know it has arrived - here's how we're ...
- Daily Reading for Sunday, June 25th, 2017 HD
- Pope Francis prepares an incredible gift of love and solidarity for South Sudan HD
- St. Emma HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, June 24th, 2017 HD