Living in the Spirit of Penance
by Fr. Jonas Abib
Founder - Cancao Nova (New Song)
Penance is to do all things with eyes fixed on our sanctity, on our growth with the Lord.
It is to be punctual for all appointments, even if body resists or mind flies away in day-dreaming; it is to get up at the right time; it is not to postpone without serious reason that hard task you are unwilling to do.
Penance lies in accomplishing faithfully all our duties to the Lord, to our fellowmen and to ourselves; it is to be self-demanding and capable of finding time to do everything we should.
“You make penance when you tenderly devote yourself to your plan of prayers although you are weary, unwilling or indifferent.” Penance is always being the most charitable possible to our fellowmen, beginning by those in your own home. It is to give the most delicate care and attention to those who suffer, the sick and the despondent; it is to be patient with boring and inopportune people.
Penance consists in withstanding with good humor all difficulties along the journey; it is never giving up a project, even if you do not have the same enthusiasm you had when you started it. Penance is discipline. No discipline, no sanctity!
Cancao Nova (New Song)
http://www.cancaonova.com/english TX, US
Fr. Jonas Abib - Founder, 817 431-8512
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Featured Today
- Monaco & The Vatican: Monaco's Grace Kelly Exhibit to Rome--A Review of Monegasque-Holy See Diplomatic History
- My Dad
- A Royal Betrayal: Catholic Monaco Liberalizes Abortion
- John Paul II as an Apostle of Mercy
- Embrace every moment as sacred time
- A Recession Antidote
- The Why of Jesus' Death: A Pauline Perspective
- Father Lombardi's Address on Catholic Media
- Pope's Words to Pontifical Latin American College
- Prelate: Genetics Needs a Conscience
Sts. Andrew Kim Taegon, Paul Chong Hasang, and Companions
September 20: Feastday: September 20 The evangelization of Korea began ... Read More