Pope's Agenda for Loreto Encounter
VATICAN CITY, AUG. 27, 2007 (Zenit) - Here is the itinerary for Benedict XVI's visit to the Shrine of Loreto, released today by the Vatican press office.
Some 300,000 Italian youth will gather for a meeting with the Pope this weekend.
* * *
Saturday, Sept. 1
4:10 p.m. -- Departure from Castel Gandolfo's heliport to Loreto.
5:15 p.m. -- Arrival at the John Paul II Center in Montorso, Loreto. The Pope will go in "popemobile" to the balcony located along the esplanade of Montorso.
6 p.m. -- Vigil with the youth at the esplanade of Montorso. The Holy Father will answer the young people's questions and give an address.
9:15 p.m. -- Visit to the Shrine of Loreto.
9:25 p.m. -- A moment of private prayer in the Holy House. The youth will accompany the Holy Father's prayer via television connection with the esplanade of Montorso. The young people will continue with an all-night vigil.
Sunday, Sept. 2
9:30 a.m. -- Eucharistic celebration in the esplanade of Montorso. Homily of the Holy Father, and Angelus and greeting after Mass.
4:30 p.m. -- Greeting to the organizing committee, the pontifical delegation and the civil protection forces from the balcony of the apostolic palace of Loreto.
5 p.m. -- Encounter with the faithful of Loreto in the atrium of the sanctuary. Words of the Holy Father.
5:45 p.m. -- Departure by helicopter from the John Paul II Center in Montorso of Loreto.
6:45 p.m. -- Arrival at Castel Gandolfo.
http://www.catholic.org CA, US
Catholic Online - Publisher, 661 869-1000
Pope, Benedict, Loreto, Youth
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Featured Today
- Monaco & The Vatican: Monaco's Grace Kelly Exhibit to Rome--A Review of Monegasque-Holy See Diplomatic History
- My Dad
- A Royal Betrayal: Catholic Monaco Liberalizes Abortion
- John Paul II as an Apostle of Mercy
- Embrace every moment as sacred time
- A Recession Antidote
- The Why of Jesus' Death: A Pauline Perspective
- Father Lombardi's Address on Catholic Media
- Pope's Words to Pontifical Latin American College
- Prelate: Genetics Needs a Conscience