Pope's Message to General Chapter of Legionaries of Christ
"Continue Radiating Your Spirituality and Apostolic Dynamism"
VATICAN CITY, FEB. 1, 2005 (Zenit) - Here is the message John Paul II sent Monday to the priests taking part in the general chapter of the Legion of Christ, being held in Rome.
* * *
1. On the occasion of the Third General Chapter of your Institute, I am pleased to send my greetings in a particular way to Father Marcial Maciel, your Founder, as well as to Father Álvaro Corcuera, newly elected General Director of the Congregation of the Legionaries of Christ and of the Regnum Christi Movement. I also extend my greetings to the members of the General Council and the other Chapter Fathers.
2. The General Chapter is always a very important event to revitalize one's foundational charism, examine with grateful hearts the wonders that God has done in your history and address the present challenges of the Church with your own spirituality, united with the many charisms that the Holy Spirit has poured out on her throughout the centuries.
You find yourselves in a historic moment for the life of the Institute in which you begin a new stage. You had the good fortune to journey for 64 years under your Founder's guidance. Thus you grew and developed until you reached maturity. Now you must continue that journey guided by your new General Director, though not without the support, paternal affection and experience of Father Maciel, who has declined a new period of governance. This obliges you to faithfully safeguard, live and transmit the gifts you received from the Lord through him.
3. Yours now is the task of developing the work inspired in the Founder. The Institute attempts to distinguish itself by selfless service to the Church and in forming youth in solid human and Christian principles that, based on personal freedom and responsibility, in fidelity to the Magisterium and in full communion with the Pope contribute to their spiritual, social, and cultural maturity. On several occasions I have been able to personally participate in the life of your Congregation, concretely with the definitive approval of the Constitutions in June 1983 and recently, approving the Statutes of the Regnum Christi Movement.
4. Dear Brothers: I encourage you to continue radiating your spirituality and apostolic dynamism with its rich variety of works and its constant openness to new expressions in accordance with the most urgent needs of the Church in every time and place. Your contribution to the evangelizing mission of the Church will be really fruitful if you are faithful to the charism of the Institute and remain firmly united to the Rock of Peter.
Through the maternal intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary, I implore the Holy Spirit to enlighten you in your chapter works and at the same time impart to you my heartfelt Apostolic Blessing.
Vatican, January 31, 2005
IOANNES PAULUS II
http://www.catholic.org , VA
Pope John Paul II - Bishop of Rome, 661 869-1000
Pope, Legionaries, Christ, Rome, Vatican, Priest, Maciel
More Catholic PRWire
Showing 1 - 50 of 4,718
A Recession Antidote
Monaco & The Vatican: Monaco's Grace Kelly Exhibit to Rome--A Review of Monegasque-Holy See Diplomatic History
Dna. Maria St. Catherine Sharpe, t.o.s.m., T.O.SS.T.
A Royal Betrayal: Catholic Monaco Liberalizes Abortion
Dna. Maria St.Catherine De Grace Sharpe, t.o.s.m., T.O.SS.T.
Embrace every moment as sacred time
Mary Regina Morrell
Letting go is simple wisdom with divine potential
Mary Regina Morrell
Father Lombardi's Address on Catholic Media
Pope's Words to Pontifical Latin American College
Prelate: Genetics Needs a Conscience
State Aid for Catholic Schools: Help or Hindrance?
Scorsese Planning Movie on Japanese Martyrs
2 Nuns Kidnapped in Kenya Set Free
Holy See-Israel Negotiation Moves Forward
Franchising to Evangelize
Catholics Decry Anti-Christianity in Israel
Pope and Gordon Brown Meet About Development Aid
Pontiff Backs Latin America's Continental Mission
Cardinal Warns Against Anti-Catholic Education
Three words to a deeper faith
Relections for Lent 2009
Wisdom lies beyond the surface of life
Mary Regina Morrell
World Food Program Director on Lent
Pope's Lenten Message for 2009
Keeping a Lid on Permissiveness
Glimpse of Me
The 3 stages of life
Sex and the Married Woman
A Catholic Woman Returns to the Church
Modernity & Morality
Just a Minute
Catholic identity ... triumphant reemergence!
Edging God Out
Burying a St. Joseph Statue
George Bush Speaks on Papal Visit
Sometimes moving forward means moving the canoe
Mary Regina Morrell
Easter... A Way of Life
Papal initiative...peace and harmony!
Proclaim the mysteries of the Resurrection!
Jerusalem Patriarch's Easter Message
Good Friday Sermon of Father Cantalamessa
Papal Address at the End of the Way of the Cross
Cardinal Zen's Meditations for Via Crucis
Interview With Vatican Aide on Jewish-Catholic Relations
Pope Benedict XVI On the Easter Triduum
by Catholic Online
- 'Living Lent': Sunday of the Second Week of Lent - Day 12
- 'Living Lent': Tuesday of the Second Week of Lent - Day 14
- Daily Reading for Sunday, February 25th, 2018 HD Video
- The Biblical Seal of Isaiah has been found! HD Video
- Daily Readings for Sunday, February 25, 2018
- 'Living Lent': Monday of the Second Week of Lent - Day 13
- St. Tarasius: Saint of the Day for Sunday, February 25, 2018
- The Tragic Reason Mass Shootings Happen, and it's NOT the guns HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, February 24th, 2018 HD
- Spiritual Warfare and the Help of Angels HD
- St. Lawrence, Deacon and Martyr HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education