SPECIAL: CAMPAIGN TO BUILD A 'CULTURE OF LIFE'
WHOLE LIFE/ PRO-LIFE
In the thirty plus years since the infamous Supreme Court decision that made all abortions legal (Roe V. Wade) “Catholic Online” and “Your Catholic Voice Foundation” announce our “Campaign to Build a Culture of Life”.
“Campaign to Build a Culture of Life” will be the longest and largest pro-life campaign in U.S. History. Our goal is to mobilize all Catholic voters, other Christians, other people of faith and all people of good will to come together on behalf of the fundamental human and civil rights issue of our age, the inalienable right to life of every single human person at every age and stage.
There is ABSOLUTELY no question that a faithful Catholic politician MUST inform their political participation by their faith and therefore must vote for life. We are committed to helping every Catholic politician to understand this undeniable fact and act in accordance with it.
Where they do not do so, we will educate, activate and mobilize voters to oppose their bids for public office. We will equip, empower, mobilize and motivate Catholic citizens to join with others to promote the common good - which always and everywhere requires that we protect and defend the “right to life” as the first right and the “freedom to be born” as the first freedom.
“Catholic Online” and “Your Catholic Voice” will educate, network and equip Catholic lay faithful as citizen activists in every State in the Union. We will make educational materials available, assist in effective voter education, registration, activation and mobilization, and make available our 165 million-name database of “Registered Voters” in order to assist our members and their allies in anticipation of the 2004 elections.
“Catholic Online” and “Your Catholic Voice” are unqualifiedly, unapologetically and enthusiastically pro-life. We are “Whole Life/Pro-Life” By that we mean that being “Pro-Life” is a way of life, not a single issue. Neither is this position simply a “religious” position, in the sense that “religious people” should “keep it to themselves”.
It is a human rights position rooted in the universal truth that every single human person, no matter at what age or stage of life, has an inestimable dignity and that life is the first right and the freedom to be born must never be denied.
The truth about life is an infallible teaching of the ordinary Magisterium of the Catholic Church. Every Catholic must not only believe it but apply it in their lives in every area in which they participate, including elected office. THAT MEANS THAT EVERY CATHOLIC IN PUBLIC SERVICE MUST TALK, WALK and VOTE PRO-LIFE! We will pray for, expose and oppose any unfaithful Catholic politician who fails to abide by the truth on this paramount issue.
We will expose the lie that claims “I am personally opposed but…” We will also expose and oppose any unfaithful Catholic in public life who continues to insist that such a position is acceptable. It is not! We will present the truth that such a position when taken by a Catholic in public life is tantamount to being unfaithful to their baptismal vocation. We will pray for their conversion while we expose and oppose their insidious efforts to obfuscate the truth with sophistry.
We will support every effort to limit the current legalized “abortion on demand” public policy by doing everything we can to limit the horrific consequences of this horrible injustice through limiting legislation. That includes our absolute opposition to what is called “partial birth” abortion, embryonic stem cell research, cloning (both reproductive” and “therapeutic”) and so called “family planning” policies that promote, directly or indirectly, abortion, including the sale and promotion of poison in the form of abortifacent drugs.
OUR IMMEDIATE GOALS FOR THE 2004 ELECTION
1) First, we oppose the most egregious example of the raw abuse of power by the State, the judicial creation of a so called “abortion right” manufactured by the U.S. Supreme Court in the infamous contemporary cousin of the infamous Dred Scott decision, Roe v. Wade. We call for the reversal of that horrendous decision. It is wrong, morally and legally. It has unleashed a horrible culture of death and it must be reversed. While we work for its reversal, we will also work to limit its application.
2) Second, we oppose what is called “partial birth” abortion. The failure to ban this procedure can no longer be tolerated by a civilized society. We call for an immediate end to “partial birth abortion” Medical science, natural justice, and conscience compel us to be honest about what we are truly authorizing to be done to innocent children three inches from birth in the procedure called “partial birth” abortion. It is a despicable crime - and now to human embryos. We have hidden this ...
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Featured Today
- Monaco & The Vatican: Monaco's Grace Kelly Exhibit to Rome--A Review of Monegasque-Holy See Diplomatic History
- My Dad
- A Royal Betrayal: Catholic Monaco Liberalizes Abortion
- John Paul II as an Apostle of Mercy
- Embrace every moment as sacred time
- A Recession Antidote
- The Why of Jesus' Death: A Pauline Perspective
- Father Lombardi's Address on Catholic Media
- Pope's Words to Pontifical Latin American College
- Prelate: Genetics Needs a Conscience