St. Padre Pio Glove & Relics From Italy - 'To Bear The Wounds Of Christ'
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
VANDALIA, IL (May 19, 2011) - On August 1, Fr. Ermelindo Di Capua, from the Shrine of Padre Pio in Italy, will arrive at Our Sorrowful Mother's Ministry in Vandalia, IL with St. Padre Pio's glove and part of the scab from the stigmata he bore for over 50 years. Fr. Ermelindo actually lived with Padre Pio and served as the liaison between the Saint and the English speaking pilgrims who came to San Giovanni Rotondo to seek the counsel and blessing of Padre Pio. Fr. is currently assistant editor of the periodical, "Voice of Padre Pio".
Father will be with us from August 1-8. When he travels to many places in the world to speak on Padre Pio and bless the faithful with relics, he brings one of the gloves that covered the Stigmata of Padre Pio (a 2nd class relic), and a small piece of scab or blood serum from the Stigmata (a 1st class relic).
A very special two day event is planned for August 3-4 at Mother of Dolors Church in Vandalia, IL for priests, deacons, seminarians and religious only. The relics and glove will be on display in the church for veneration and prayer.
Please plan to attend this once in a lifetime retreat with Msgr. Swetland of Mount St. Mary's Seminary in Emmitsburg, MD, and host of EWTN's "Catholicism on Campus" and Fr. Ermelindo from the Shrine in Italy.
Details and registration information are found at our website. Pre-registration is necessary.
http://www.osmm.org IL, 60549 US
Kathleen Tuntland - ,
Padre Pio, relics, stigmata, Msgr. Stuart Swetland, Fr. Ermelindo Di Capua
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Live Web Event with Scott Hahn
- New Book by IPS Brings together Psychologists, Theologians and Philosophers to 'Build the Bridge'
- Remembering Fr. Kapaun and all our fallen heroes on Memorial Day
- IPS Press Announces Last Book from the Late Benedict Ashley, O.P. A Culmination of His Life's Work
- Human cloning for stem cells remains unethical, impractical and dangerous
- Book Launch: The Church Under Attack
- Angels and Saints at Ephesus debuts at No. 1 on Billboard’s Classical Traditional Music Chart
- Mission of Healing in Los Angeles
- Father Robert Reed to be Honored by the Boston Archdiocesan Choir School
- Father Michael Gaitley to Appear on The Gist