St. Padre Pio Glove & Relics From Italy - 'To Bear The Wounds Of Christ'
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
VANDALIA, IL (May 19, 2011) - On August 1, Fr. Ermelindo Di Capua, from the Shrine of Padre Pio in Italy, will arrive at Our Sorrowful Mother's Ministry in Vandalia, IL with St. Padre Pio's glove and part of the scab from the stigmata he bore for over 50 years. Fr. Ermelindo actually lived with Padre Pio and served as the liaison between the Saint and the English speaking pilgrims who came to San Giovanni Rotondo to seek the counsel and blessing of Padre Pio. Fr. is currently assistant editor of the periodical, "Voice of Padre Pio".
Father will be with us from August 1-8. When he travels to many places in the world to speak on Padre Pio and bless the faithful with relics, he brings one of the gloves that covered the Stigmata of Padre Pio (a 2nd class relic), and a small piece of scab or blood serum from the Stigmata (a 1st class relic).
A very special two day event is planned for August 3-4 at Mother of Dolors Church in Vandalia, IL for priests, deacons, seminarians and religious only. The relics and glove will be on display in the church for veneration and prayer.
Please plan to attend this once in a lifetime retreat with Msgr. Swetland of Mount St. Mary's Seminary in Emmitsburg, MD, and host of EWTN's "Catholicism on Campus" and Fr. Ermelindo from the Shrine in Italy.
Details and registration information are found at our website. Pre-registration is necessary.
http://www.osmm.org IL, 60549 US
Kathleen Tuntland - ,
Padre Pio, relics, stigmata, Msgr. Stuart Swetland, Fr. Ermelindo Di Capua
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Who's responsible for designing the designer?
- Thu, Jun 11, 2015- Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Bill Adams at Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church
- Your search for true happiness is over
- ValLimar Jansen's latest album "a soulful experience"
- Uncovering the roots (and branches) of the greatest revolution in the American Catholic Church
- NYC May 8, 2015 Spring Fling Catholic Singles Mingle Fundraiser
- Thank A Nun Day
- #TweetingwGod dares young people to believe
- Experience Beloved: Finding happiness in marriage
- Archbishop Aquila, Dr. Edward Sri and other experts to participate in 'Beloved' telepress conference