Arlington Diocese partners with Catholic Distance University
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
HAMILTON, VA (March 27, 2011) - The Diocese of Arlington recently signed an agreement with Catholic Distance University to become a diocesan partner with the Hamilton, Virginia based university. This partnership provides the opportunity for teachers, catechists, and parishioners of the diocese to experience CDU’s online noncredit seminars and courses at the reduced tuition rate of $30. This represents a substantial discount from the $150 tuition charged for noncredit seminars and courses.
All of CDU’s courses and seminars are accessed with a connection to the Internet. Course materials are carefully prepared in fidelity to the teachings of the Church and provide a blend of audio, visual and written course information. Seminars are three-week long sessions where students join online with Catholics from across the globe to read, discuss, and ask questions on the seminar topic. There are 10 seminars in 2011to choose from reflecting a wide range of topics including Scripture, Catholic history, theology, catechetics, Sacraments, and spirituality.
CDU’s five-part Catechism series, which looks closely at each of the pillars of the Catechism, is also available for $30 per course. These courses use an online individual format that allows adult learners to move at their own pace while working directly with a course instructor on assignments and to answer questions on course content.
To learn more, visit the Diocese of Arlington partner pages on the CDU website at www.cdu.edu/documents/partners/diocesan.html or call 888.254.4238 ext 700. Dioceses interested in learning more on becoming a CDU partner can contact Sister Mary Margaret Ann at email@example.com.
Catholic Distance University
http://www.cdu.edu VA, 20158 US
Therese Cashen - Director of Marketing,
Catholic Distance University, Arlington diocese, diocese partners, online Catholic theology
Catholic Schools & Religious Education
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Live Web Event with Scott Hahn
- IPS Press Announces Last Book from the Late Benedict Ashley, O.P. A Culmination of His Life's Work
- Human cloning for stem cells remains unethical, impractical and dangerous
- Book Launch: The Church Under Attack
- Angels and Saints at Ephesus debuts at No. 1 on Billboard’s Classical Traditional Music Chart
- Mission of Healing in Los Angeles
- Father Robert Reed to be Honored by the Boston Archdiocesan Choir School
- Father Michael Gaitley to Appear on The Gist
- Surfer Bear Woznick to Appear on the CatholicTV Network
- Thirty Diocesan Seminarians from the USA Participate in a ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME 'Rome Experience'