Arlington Diocese partners with Catholic Distance University
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
HAMILTON, VA (March 27, 2011) - The Diocese of Arlington recently signed an agreement with Catholic Distance University to become a diocesan partner with the Hamilton, Virginia based university. This partnership provides the opportunity for teachers, catechists, and parishioners of the diocese to experience CDU’s online noncredit seminars and courses at the reduced tuition rate of $30. This represents a substantial discount from the $150 tuition charged for noncredit seminars and courses.
All of CDU’s courses and seminars are accessed with a connection to the Internet. Course materials are carefully prepared in fidelity to the teachings of the Church and provide a blend of audio, visual and written course information. Seminars are three-week long sessions where students join online with Catholics from across the globe to read, discuss, and ask questions on the seminar topic. There are 10 seminars in 2011to choose from reflecting a wide range of topics including Scripture, Catholic history, theology, catechetics, Sacraments, and spirituality.
CDU’s five-part Catechism series, which looks closely at each of the pillars of the Catechism, is also available for $30 per course. These courses use an online individual format that allows adult learners to move at their own pace while working directly with a course instructor on assignments and to answer questions on course content.
To learn more, visit the Diocese of Arlington partner pages on the CDU website at www.cdu.edu/documents/partners/diocesan.html or call 888.254.4238 ext 700. Dioceses interested in learning more on becoming a CDU partner can contact Sister Mary Margaret Ann at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Catholic Distance University
http://www.cdu.edu VA, 20158 US
Therese Cashen - Director of Marketing,
Catholic Distance University, Arlington diocese, diocese partners, online Catholic theology
Catholic Schools & Religious Education
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- RENEW International Staff to Attend International Meeting Pastoral Project of “Evangelii Gaudium” a
- Little Sisters of the Poor to Receive Franciscan University's Poverello Medal
- Is Pope Francis for real?
- 18th Annual Carnival at St. Ann’s Parish
- The CatholicTV Network to Broadcast Blue Mass for Public Safety Personnel with Cardinal Seán O'Malle
- Back-to-School Blog Tour Highlights Catholic Children’s Literature
- New York, NY: Sat Sep 27th NYC Catholic Professionals Mass & Social
- Celebrate Christmas in Harvard Square
- Divine Mercy Saint Drama Comes to Williamsburg, Virginia
- America's First-Pro-Life Half Marathon/5K Set for Nov. 9
Sts. Andrew Kim Taegon, Paul Chong Hasang, and Companions
September 20: Feastday: September 20 The evangelization of Korea began ... Read More