All Saints Church - Community Open House
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MANASSAS, VA (October 29, 2010) - A fixture in the Manassas community since 1878, All Saints Catholic Church celebrated another milestone this past August when it opened the doors of its newly constructed parish church. Now All Saints is inviting members of the community to tour its finished worship space and reflective courtyard during a Community Open House on Sunday, November 7th from 3:00 – 5:00 p.m. “Many in the community have followed the building of our new church from groundbreaking to our Dedication in August. Our guided tours will give everyone a close-up view of the inside of the church and its architecture, and a chance to learn about the symbolism behind various elements of the church,” noted Rev. Robert C. Cilinski, pastor of All Saints Catholic Church in Manassas.
As the largest parish in the Arlington Diocese with over 5,000 families, the new church offers All Saints parishioners seating capacity for 1,500 people, as well as additional gathering space throughout the building. The church also features a Blessed Sacrament chapel, spacious library offering a vast collection of religious books and media, four reconciliation rooms, and a fully-appointed bridal room. The architecture of the new church blends a contemporary design with traditional features, including colorful stained glass windows depicting the Communion of Saints and the Holy Spirit, and a prominent bell tower visible from Center Street. Since the new church opened, the Angelus bell rings out every day at noon as a call to prayer. Students at All Saints Catholic School, located directly next to the church, pause in classrooms and hallways to pray the Angelus, a 700-year-old Catholic devotional prayer.
The All Saints outdoor campus also received a well-received makeover this past summer. The newly landscaped garden courtyard, featuring statues of the Blessed Mother and St. Francis, is an inspiring area for peaceful reflection. “As I walk through the courtyard each day, I witness people praying and reflecting,” explains Father Cilinski. “Our new parish church and grounds are a true blessing to our vibrant, growing community, and we want to share it with everyone.”
All Saints Catholic Church will be hosting its Community Open House on Sunday, November 7, 2010 from 3:00 - 5:00 p.m. Come and enjoy a guided tour of All Saints’ new church and landscaped grounds. All are welcome! All Saints is located at 9300 Stonewall Road, Manassas, VA. For questions, please call (703) 368-4500 or visit the All Saints website at http://www.allsaintsvachurch.org.
All Saints Catholic School
http://www.allsaintsvachurch.org VA, 20110 US
Janis DeVore - Director of Marketing & Development,
All Saints, All Saints Church Manassas, All Saints Catholic Church
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- RealOptions Presents Rachel’s Vineyard Retreats
- Angels and Saints at Ephesus again No. 1 on Billboard’s Classical Traditional Music Chart
- The CatholicTV Network to air Feature on the Fine Arts Summer Academy
- The CatholicTV Network to air Ordinations to the Priesthood for the Archdiocese of Boston
- Live Web Event with Scott Hahn
- New Book by IPS Brings together Psychologists, Theologians and Philosophers to 'Build the Bridge'
- Remembering Fr. Kapaun and all our fallen heroes on Memorial Day
- First U.S. Publisher to Speak at Canadian Catholic Schools Convention
- IPS Press Announces Last Book from the Late Benedict Ashley, O.P. A Culmination of His Life's Work
- Human cloning for stem cells remains unethical, impractical and dangerous