NYC: Sun Oct 17th Young Adult Mass, Dinner & The King's Men Talk on 'The Journey of Self-Mastery'
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NEW YORK, NY (September 26, 2010) - Young Adult Mass on Sunday October 17th at 5pm at:
Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church
23-25 Newtown Avenue
Astoria, NY 11102
Following the mass, please meet the group in front of the church to head to dinner to:
Opa! Souvlaki Greek Restaurant
28-44 31st Street
Between Newtown Avenue & 30th Avenue
Astoria, NY 11102
Opa! Souvlaki Restaurant is a good Greek Restaurant in the heart of Astoria. Our group has been here several times, and the food/service was excellent. $25 (tax/tip included) for dinner includes the following:
- 2 appetizers (1 hot; 1 cold)
- Greek salad
- Main entree
During dinner, our guest speaker will be Mark Houck, President of The King's Men (www.thekingsmen.org), and he will give a talk on "The Journey of Self-Mastery." Mark Houck powerfully explains in this timely presentation how the journey of self-mastery is worthwhile and life long pursuit. In a culture that promotes sexual license, tolerance and indulgence of every kind of disordered behavior and lifestyle, this presentation will open the minds of any man or woman who desires to grow in holiness and virtue.
If you plan to attend, please RSVP by clicking on the red button on top, so we get an accurate headcount. Thank you.
Directions to the church:
Take the N or Q train uptown to Astoria, and get off 30th Avenue Station. Walk down 31st Street and turn left on Newtown Avenue. The church is located on the corner of Newtown Avenue and Crescent Street
From Westchester & NJ, take the Triboro/RFK Bridge and exit 29th Street (first exit in Queens). From 29th Street, turn right on Astoria Blvd.
From Long Island, take the Grand Central Park Way and exit Hoyt Avenue (last exit before Triboro/RFK Bridge). Turn left on 31st Street (below elevated subway line) and right on Astoria Blvd.
The entrance to the church parking lot is on Astoria Blvd. (pass Crescent Street).
Contact Toan Chu at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 917.653.2140 with any questions.
This event is hosted by The Catholic Fellowship. To learn about us, go to www.cfnetwork.org.
The Catholic Fellowship
http://www.cfnetwork.org NY, 10028 US
Toan Chu - ,
Catholic young adults, mass, social, fellowship, dinner, talk, guest speaker
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Role of Beauty Examined at 'Power of Beauty' Conference
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Named a 2015 'Best Value' by Kiplinger's Personal Finance
- Franciscan University Faith Households Celebrate 40 Years
- Tolkien’s Christmas wish: limited government and a good movie?
- New Album Time Stands Still, Debuts with U.S. Tour
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?