NYC: Fri Oct 1st First Friday of the Month Mass & Holy Rosary for Young Adults
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NEW YORK, NY (September 19, 2010) - Prayer is powerful, and praying in numbers is even more powerful. Our First Friday events attracts a large number of faithful members attending mass and reciting the Holy Rosary.
Spend your First Friday of the Month with the Lord and Blessed Mother, and find peace from the daily worldy distractions. All it takes is just 1 hour of your time if your're doing both the Mass and Rosary (or just 30 minutes if your're only doing the Rosary).
Join us for the 5:30pm Mass follow by Rosary at 6pm. If you can't attend the mass, then join us for the Rosary at 6pm.
St. John Evangelist Church
348 East 55th Street
Between 1st & 2nd Avenue
New York, NY 10022
The group will be seated to the entrance near 1st Avenue (the entrance to the left of the main entrance of The Catholic Center at 1011 1st Avenue), and close to the Blessed Mother statue. If you can't locate the group, ask for Geraldine.
The Rosary, a contemplative prayer - from Pope John Paul II's Apostolic Letter Rosarium Virginis Mariae. The Rosary, precisely because it starts with Mary's own experience, is an exquisite contemplative prayer. Without this contemplative dimension, it would lose its meaning, as Pope Paul VI clearly pointed out: "Without contemplation, the Rosary is a body without a soul, and its recitation runs the risk of becoming a mechanical repetition of formulas, in violation of the admonition of Christ: 'In praying do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do; for they think they will be heard for their many words' (Mt. 6:7). By its nature the recitation of the Rosary calls for a quiet rhythm and a lingering pace, helping the individual to meditate on the mysteries of the Lord's life as seen through the eyes of her who was closest to the Lord. In this way the unfathomable riches of these mysteries are disclosed."
The Catholic Fellowship - Prayer Group
This event is hosted by The Catholic Fellowship. To learn about us, go to www.cfnetwork.org.
The Catholic Fellowship
http://www.cfnetwork.org NY, 10028 US
Toan Chu - ,
Catholic young adults, mass, rosary, prayer
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Religious Educators Learn How to Keep Christ at the Heart of the New Evangelization
- Fifth Centenary Celebration Unifies Faithful through Spirituality, Technology and Music
- Media Advisory: Messenger of the Truth documentary to air in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara
- Provocative music-driven love story to contend in year of faith films
- Youth Conference Brings Teens 'Face to Face' With God
- The CatholicTV Network Honors National NFP Awareness Week
- Leading Catholic Church law judge and bishops support Catholics faithful to spouses after divorce
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater L.A. Announces Catholic Coalition Partnership, Inaugural Build Event
- Liguori Publications Buys Franciscan Media’s Parish Resources
- Pauline Books & Media 2014 CPA Awards