TAC Honors 100th Birthday of Mother Teresa - Mass, Videos from 1982 Campus Visit
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SANTA PAULA, CA (August 24, 2010) - As the world celebrates the 100th birthday of Bl. Mother Teresa on Thursday, August 26, Thomas Aquinas College will mark the day with a memorial Mass in her honor and by publishing videos from her historic visit and Commencement Address at the Santa Paula campus in 1982.
“We will long remember the honor of Bl. Mother Teresa’s visit to Thomas Aquinas College,” says President Michael F. McLean, who notes that the saintly foundress of the Missionaries of Charity visited only three colleges during her 1982 trip to the United States. “We join the faithful everywhere in thanking God for her example of humble service to ‘the poorest of the poor,’ in whom she saw Christ in ‘His most distressing disguise.’”
To commemorate the occasion, the College will offer a special Mass in Bl. Mother Teresa’s memory at 11:30 a.m. in Our Lady of the Most Holy Trinity Chapel. Photos from Bl. Teresa’s 1982 visit to the college’s campus will be placed within the sanctuary as well as in the loggia just outside the Chapel. Holy cards and transcripts of her 1982 Commencement Address will also be made available. The Mass is open to the public.
Online, the College will be posting videos from Mother Teresa’s Commencement Address and from an on-campus press conference she gave that day. The videos will be available at www.thomasaquinas.edu, where they will remain prominently displayed through Bl. Teresa’s Feast Day, Sept. 5.
Thomas Aquinas College:
Commemoration of the 100th Birthday of Bl. Mother Teresa
On Campus: Memorial Mass
Our Lady of the Most Holy Trinity Chapel
Thomas Aquinas College
10,000 Ojai Rd.
Santa Paula, CA 93060
Thursday, Aug. 26. 11:30 a.m.
Online: Videos from Bl. Teresa’s 1982 Commencement Address and Press Conference
Thomas Aquinas College
http://www.thomasaquinas.edu/news/pressroom/index.html CA, 93060 US
Anne Forsyth - Director of College Relations, 805-525-4417
Mother teresa, calcutta, 100th birthday,
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Pope Francis to Celebrate Bambinelli Sunday, December 15
- Celine Dion Moved to Tears Voicing Her Support for Mary’s Meals documentary, CHILD 31
- 'Francis: A Pope For Our Time, The Definitive Biography'
- Ignatius Press to release Pope Francis’ first Apostolic Exhortation
- Steve Ray Conference December 14,2013 in Brighton, MI
- A trip to another planet shatters assumptions
- Christian Doctors Providing Relief Work to the Philippines
- Production of Catholic cartoon about Saint Kateri Tekakwitha
- Youth to Assemble 100,000 Meals for Africa at National Catholic Youth Conference.
- Contraception and Catholicism: What the Church Teaches and Why