Exclusive: EWTN Airs Divine Mercy Mass Live From Divine Mercy Shrine in Stockbridge, Mass.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Irondale, AL (EWTN) (April 6, 2010) - More than 15,000 pilgrims will descend on the National Shrine of The Divine Mercy in Stockbridge, Mass. April 11 for the Feast of Divine Mercy – and only EWTN Global Catholic Network will be there to broadcast the Solemn Liturgy as well as an educational and inspiring Divine Mercy Preview Show.
The Divine Mercy Mass airs live at 1 p.m. ET, Sun., April 11, with an encore at 9 p.m. ET. The Mass will be celebrated by Springfield, Mass. Bishop Timothy McDonnell, with a homily by Father Dan Cambra, MIC, provincial superior of the Marians in the U.S.
The Marians are the authentic promoters of the Divine Mercy devotion, which was given to mankind through the Apostle of Divine Mercy, St. Faustina, and which was championed by the late Pope John Paul II.
The liturgy will be preceded at noon ET by a one-hour “Divine Mercy Preview Show,” where you can learn all about the Divine Mercy devotion. As Our Lord told St. Faustina: “The Feast of Mercy emerged from My very depths of tenderness. It is My desire that it be solemnly celebrated on the first Sunday after Easter. Mankind will not have peace until it turns to the Fount of My mercy” (Diary 699).
The festivities will air on both EWTN Television and Radio Networks. To find EWTN Television in your area, please go to www.ewtn.com/channelfinder. To find an EWTN Radio affiliate in your area, go to http://bit.ly/5zLbJk. To find out how to get EWTN on satellite radio, click on http://bit.ly/8YhGKK.
EWTN Global Catholic Network, in its 28th year, is available in over 150 million television households in more than 140 countries and territories. With its direct broadcast satellite television and radio services, AM & FM radio networks, worldwide short-wave radio station, Internet website www.ewtn.com and publishing arm, EWTN, is the largest religious media network in the world.
EWTN Global Catholic Network
http://www.ewtn.com AL, 35210 US
Michelle Johnson - Director of Communications, 205-795-5769
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Catholicism Sweepstakes: Win a Trip for Two to Rome and Paris!
- Celebrate National Catholic Sisters Week with Lent at Ephesus
- CCBQ Kicks off St. Patrick’s Weekend with the Alumni Networking Reception
- The CatholicTV Network to air Lenten Retreat Guides with Father John Bartunek
- Brian Miller of the Archdiocese of St. Louis, to Appear on The CatholicTV Network
- Paul Kengor to Speak on Principles of a Reagan Conservative
- Ukrainian Priest Speaks on ‘Revolution of Dignity,’ Transformation of Afflicted Country
- The CatholicTV Network to air Ashes to Glory, Daily Lenten Reflections
- Cardinal Kasper's shocking theology of Catholic marriage
- Papal agency calls for protection of religious believers’ rights following invasion of Ukraine