Co-Cathedral of the Sacred Heart in Houston Hosts Free Performance of Houston Symphony
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Gilberto Velasquez & Associates – Marketing & Public Relations 281.793.5928 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-Cathedral of the Sacred Heart Hosting Free Performance by Houston Symphony of Bruckner’s Symphony No. 7 in E Major
HOUSTON, TX (March 2, 2010) – On March 11, 2010, Music Director Hans Graf and the Houston Symphony bring a free performance of Anton Bruckner’s magnificent Seventh Symphony to the Co-Cathedral of the Sacred Heart, the flagship Parish of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston.
This occasion marks the second performance that the orchestra has given at the cathedral; the last time was in May 2008 as one of the events tied to the newly-built cathedral’s grand opening ceremonies. The upcoming free performance will be general admission only (first come, first served).
The Houston Symphony will sometimes play outside their home venue of Jones Hall, though this performance holds a special place for Music Director Hans Graf: "A concert hall is usually seen as the only venue for the presentation of classical music. Yet there is music which is aiming beyond the ‘normal’ concert experience. Some music is transcendent, especially Bruckner's Symphonies who seem to reach their full range of majestic beauty in the immensity of a sacral room - like in a cathedral. We will have an unforgettable experience at our concert at the impressive and beautiful Co-Cathedral and we are grateful to be given this opportunity."
WHAT: Houston Symphony holds a free performance of Bruckner’s Symphony No. 7 in E Major.
WHEN: Thursday, 11 March 2010, 7:30 p.m.
WHERE: The Co-Cathedral of the Sacred Heart, 1111 St. Joseph Parkway, Houston 77002
VISUALS: Performance of Houston Symphony, one of the nation’s oldest performing arts organizations, under the direction of world-famous Music Director Hans Graf.
CONTACTS: Dr. Crista Miller, email@example.com – 713.659.1561 or Gil Velasquez, firstname.lastname@example.org – 281.793.5928
WEB: Official Event site is http://www.sacredhearthouston.org/symphony
GV&A has released this as part of our volunteer commitment to Co-Cathedral of the Sacred Heart.
Gilberto Velasquez & Associates
http://bit.ly/bN5X6B TX, 77098 US
Gilberto Velasquez - Director of Creative Goodness, 281 793-5928
Houston, symphony, orchestra, Hans Graf, Co-Cathedral, Sacred Heart, Bruckner, Symphony No. 7
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- RealOptions Presents Rachel’s Vineyard Retreats
- Angels and Saints at Ephesus again No. 1 on Billboard’s Classical Traditional Music Chart
- The CatholicTV Network to air Feature on the Fine Arts Summer Academy
- The CatholicTV Network to air Ordinations to the Priesthood for the Archdiocese of Boston
- Live Web Event with Scott Hahn
- New Book by IPS Brings together Psychologists, Theologians and Philosophers to 'Build the Bridge'
- Remembering Fr. Kapaun and all our fallen heroes on Memorial Day
- First U.S. Publisher to Speak at Canadian Catholic Schools Convention
- IPS Press Announces Last Book from the Late Benedict Ashley, O.P. A Culmination of His Life's Work
- Human cloning for stem cells remains unethical, impractical and dangerous