Fighting Hunger One Step At A Time
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
COCONUT CREEK, Fla. (August 26, 2009) - Food For The Poor's annual 3-2-1 Fun Walk is just weeks away, but there's still time to sign up for what promises to be a fun-filled day.
The recipe for the 3-2-1 Fun Walk is simple: walk 3 miles 2 feed 1 family. Just log onto www.foodforthepoor.org/funwalk, register, invite your friends to support you, and then show up on Oct. 3 at Lynn University in Boca Raton. It's a great way to start your day and you'll get some exercise, maybe win a prize or two, and make a real difference in the fight against hunger.
Don't live in South Florida but want to participate? You can register online as a virtual walker, with a team, or as an individual. Do your part to feed starving children and their families, while raising awareness about Food For The Poor, one of the most efficient charities in the United States.
For $120, Food For The Poor can feed 10 families for a month. The goal this year is to raise enough to feed 4,000 destitute families for a month in the Caribbean and Latin America. Students in need of community service hours are encouraged to participate. Walkers will step off to the sounds of a deejay, meet Lynn University's mascot, enjoy lunch from 620 Subs, and take home a Fun Walk T-Shirt.
Lynn University students will help build a pre-fabricated, 12-by-12 foot yellow house on the university's lawn near the student center. The house is a smaller model of the 55,000 homes Food For The Poor has built and given to destitute families since 1982.
Fun Walk sponsors this year include Lynn University, 620 Subs, Vozzcom Electric, Celsius, Publix, and Winners Award Group.
Food For The Poor, the largest international relief organization in the nation and the No. 1 charity in Florida, does much more than simply feed the millions of hungry poor in 17 countries of the Caribbean and Latin America. Since 1982, we have provided clean water, medicines, educational materials, homes, support for orphans and the aged, skills training and emergency relief, with more than 96% of all donations going directly to programs that help the poor. For additional information, please visit the Web site www.foodforthepoor.org.
Food For The Poor
http://www.foodforthepoor.org/funwalk FL, 33073 US
Jennifer Oates - Public Relations, 954 427-2222
Food For The Poor
Newman Centers & Campus Ministries
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- CONOR GALLAGHER NAMED PUBLISHER OF TAN BOOKS AND SAINT BENEDICT PRESS
- Thérèse Drama Surprises Audiences
- Catholic Press Association Honors Liguori
- Crosier Order elects master general and councilors
- Indie Catholic Authors June Ebook Sale Offers the Faithful 17 Books Outside the Mainstream
- World Library Publications Honored With Three Paul Revere Awards
- Limitless Love in Action: First Steubenville Youth Conference Inspires Teens to Bring the Fire Home
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Athletic Director Enshrined in Sports Faith Hall of Fame
- AWARD-WINNING CATHOLIC AUTHORS TEAM-UP TO PROMOTE HEALING THROUGH FORGIVENESS
- NY CONCERT FOR NEPAL 5/31