Sunday June 7, 2009 St. Patrick's Old Cathedral 200th Anniversary Celebration
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NEW YORK, NY (MAY 14, 2009) - St. Patrick's Old Cathedral, New York's first cathedral and former seat of the Archdiocese of New York, is celebrating its 200th Anniversary on June 7th. Please refer to the schedule of events below.
Schedule of Events
June 7, 2009
11:00 a.m. Mass celebrated by the Most Reverend Timothy M. Dolan, Archbishop of New York joined by concelebrants who served as Pastors and parish priests
12:30 p.m. A grand parade recalling the famous 1861 lithograph painting of New York State's legendary 69th Regiment militia
2 - 5 p.m. Organ ‘plus’ concerts in the Cathedral
2 - 5 p.m. A "Heritage" display of photographs and other memorabilia in the Youth Center
2 - 5 p.m. Alumni reunion and Sisters of Charity displays at the School and Convent on Prince Street with special emphasis on the growth of the Church in the 19th century and the role of the Sisters of Charity
2 - 5 p.m. A presentation of history and art at St. Michael's Russian
Catholic Chapel, Mulberry Street
2 - 5 p.m. An exhibition of contemporary religious art in the chapel (lower church) - enter from Mulberry Street
2 - 5 p.m. Entertainment and local food vendors on Mulberry Street
St. Patrick's Old Cathedral
http://www.oldcathedral200.org/ NY, 10012 US
Monsignor Donald Sakano - Pastor, 212 226.8075
200th Anniversary Celebration
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Role of Beauty Examined at 'Power of Beauty' Conference
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Named a 2015 'Best Value' by Kiplinger's Personal Finance
- Franciscan University Faith Households Celebrate 40 Years
- Tolkien’s Christmas wish: limited government and a good movie?
- New Album Time Stands Still, Debuts with U.S. Tour
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?