Camp Wojtyla has openings!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
High school summer camp has openings for this summer
Camp Wojtyla, a ministry of FOCUS, offers adventure, faith in the Colorado Rockies.
DENVER, Colo. (May 13, 2009) - FOCUS announces that there are still openings for high school students at Camp Wojtyla, a week of Catholic adventure. The camp is open to High School students entering grades 9 – 12.
Camp Wojtyla offers teens a week of rugged outdoor pursuits with counselors who are dynamic, enthusiastic FOCUS Missionaries and college students who know how to teach the faith in an approachable way while leading wilderness experiences. Each teen will hike Colorado’s majestic peaks, scale rock faces that touch the heavens and sleep under a blanket of stars while learning about who they are in relationship to Christ and His Church. Through these experiences the students rise to the ultimate challenge of living out one’s Catholic faith. Camp Wojtyla challenges the students to grow deeper in their relationship with God, with others, within themselves and with God’s creation.
One high school girl said of her experience last summer:
“I will never ever forget the joyful memories that I had at camp Wojtyla! One of my favorite things was making new amazing friends. Rock climbing, archery, hiking and Mass were incredibly amazing! I had so many great wonderful memories here and so much laughter.”
A high school guy commented:
“I've been struggling with keeping my focus on God and with archery I was just able to fully focus on where I was shooting the arrow. That's just like in life how we need to focus on God to get to our goal. This whole week I was totally focused and I know that with God’s help I can do anything.”
High School Girls week is June 28 - July 3. High School Guys Week is July 5 - July 10. Visit http://focusonline.org/camp/ for more details.
Additional questions about Camp Wojtyla? Email email@example.com
FOCUS, the Fellowship of Catholic University Students, is a national campus outreach that meets college students where they are and invites them to examine the meaning and purpose of their lives. Through large group outreach, Bible studies and one on one mentoring, FOCUS staff are equipped to introduce college students to the Person of Jesus Christ and the Catholic faith, empowering them to share His love with the world. www.focusonline.org.
FOCUS Mission Communications
http://www.focusonline.org CO, 80233 US
Justin Bell - Associate for Media Relations, 303 5220450
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Fifth Centenary Celebration Unifies Faithful through Spirituality, Technology and Music
- Media Advisory: Messenger of the Truth documentary to air in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara
- Provocative music-driven love story to contend in year of faith films
- Youth Conference Brings Teens 'Face to Face' With God
- The CatholicTV Network Honors National NFP Awareness Week
- Leading Catholic Church law judge and bishops support Catholics faithful to spouses after divorce
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater L.A. Announces Catholic Coalition Partnership, Inaugural Build Event
- Liguori Publications Buys Franciscan Media’s Parish Resources
- Pauline Books & Media 2014 CPA Awards
- Free listing of church music job openings on Facebook