President of Catholic Relief Services and Bishop Richard Malone To Be Featured on Catholic Talk Show
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WATERTOWN, MA (APRIL 16, 2009) - On Friday, April 17th, Ken Hackett, President of Catholic Relief Services (CRS) will be featured on the CatholicTV talk show “This is the Day”. Also featured will be Bishop Richard Malone from Portland, Maine.
As President of CRS, Ken Hackett oversees operations in more than 100 countries, with a global staff of nearly 5,000. Despite a large number of dedicated employees, CRS puts 93% of donated money into programs and spends only 7% of donations on administration, fundraising, and awareness.
Ken Hackett graduated from Boston College in 1968. Upon graduation, he joined the Peace Corps and was assigned to serve in Ghana. Mr. Hackett joined CRS in 1972, starting his career in Sierra Leone. Mr. Hackett has led CRS since 1993. He has received honorary doctorate degrees from several colleges. In 2004, Mr. Hackett was named a Knight Commander of the Papal Order of Saint Gregory the Great, one of the highest Papal honors.
Also featured on “This is the Day” will be Bishop Richard Malone. Bishop Malone is the Bishop of the Diocese of Portland, Maine. He earned a Doctorate in Theology (Th.D.) at Boston University and a Licentiate in Sacred Theology (S.T.L.) at Weston Jesuit School of Theology, Cambridge in 1990. He has been the Boston archdiocesan liaison with the local Jewish community; and has lectured nationally on Catholic education. He has worked in education for years and will discuss faith formation for adolescents on the show.
These guests can be seen on Friday, April 17th live at 10:30AM (EST) on CatholicTV where available (rebroadcast at 8PM). The show will also be streamed live at www.CatholicTV.com and will be available on the site’s archives starting Friday night. All videos at the website are viewable in full-screen. Paste this URL into your browser in order to access the “This is the Day” video archives. http://www.CatholicTV.org/shows/default.aspx?seriesID=72
CatholicTV provides family-friendly, religious, news, and educational programming 24 hours daily. Founded over 50 years ago, CatholicTV is available in selected areas on cable in the United States and Canada, via Sky Angel IPTV and online via a live stream anytime, everywhere at the station's web site www.CatholicTV.com. Father Robert Reed, a priest of the Archdiocese of Boston, is the Director of CatholicTV. Click here to paste this into your browser to find out how to watch CatholicTV where you live: http://www.CatholicTV.org/schedule/where-to-watch.aspx
“This is the Day” can also be seen on demand at www.CatholicTV.com or downloaded via iTunes.com.and SQPN.com The hosts, Father Robert Reed,
http://www.CatholicTV.com MA, 02472 US
Chris Pham - Public Relations Coordinator, 617 923-0220
CRS, ken hackett, richard malone, bishops
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- On Juneteenth, national pro-life group is reminded that the aftermath of slavery has not ended
- 20 Lawmakers Call for Criminal Investigation of Late Term Abortionist
- The CatholicTV Network to Air Special Coverage during Fortnight for Freedom
- The CatholicTV Network to air Ordination and Installation of Bishop-elect John Thomas Folda
- A Catholic Assessment of Evolution Theory – An origins science enhancer
- Running for a Reason: Priest Takes on Ultramarathon
- The CatholicTV Network to air Ordination and Installation of Bishop-elect David John Walkowiak
- Brave and Steadfast at 2013 Catholic Charismatic Conference
- The CatholicTV Network to air Film, “Building on Faith: The Historic Churches of Detroit”
- Catholic Word Publisher Group Welcomes Novo Millennio Press Series