Birth Control Hormones Called Into Question
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
A class in Natural Family Planning will begin April 4, 2009 in Des Plaines, IL.
GLENVIEW, IL (MARCH 5, 2009) - Couples in Des Plaines, Mt. Prospect, Morton Grove, IL and other Chicago suburbs might be interested to know that a top medical journal has hinted of a looming problem with birth control pills, saying that there hasn't been enough research on the connection between contraceptive hormones and cardiovascular disease.
The effect of the female hormones estrogen and progestin (a synthetic version of progesterone) upon a woman's heart and arteries is not known, says a review of literature in a recent issue of the Journal of the American College of Cardiology. "If these were male contraceptives, we'd know so much more already," contends coauthor Noel Bairey Merz, director of the Women's Heart Center at Cedars-Sinai, as reported in U.S. News & World Report.
Natural family planning (NFP) researchers have long tracked the difficulties with artificial birth control devices and chemicals, and offer a healthy alternative in the form of fertility awareness, say the Chicago chapter of the Couple to Couple League, one of the world's largest providers of the Sympto-Thermal Method of NFP.
Classes in NFP will be offered at Holy Family Hospital in Des Plaines beginning April 4. Classes are offered in 14 locations in the Chicago area. For more information, contact Lloyd & Monica Cassidy at 847-724-7206, or visit www.naturalfamilyplanningchicago.com.
Couple to Couple League of Chicago
http://www.naturalfamilyplanningchicago.com IL, 60025 US
Lloyd and Monica Cassidy - Chapter President, 847 724-7206
birth, control, contraceptive, pills, alternative, fertility, awareness, hormones, natural, family,
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Who's responsible for designing the designer?
- Thu, Jun 11, 2015- Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Bill Adams at Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church
- Your search for true happiness is over
- ValLimar Jansen's latest album "a soulful experience"
- Uncovering the roots (and branches) of the greatest revolution in the American Catholic Church
- NYC May 8, 2015 Spring Fling Catholic Singles Mingle Fundraiser
- Thank A Nun Day
- #TweetingwGod dares young people to believe
- Experience Beloved: Finding happiness in marriage
- Archbishop Aquila, Dr. Edward Sri and other experts to participate in 'Beloved' telepress conference