All Saints Catholic School Celebrates Mardi Gras
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Dallas, Texas (FEBRUARY 18, 2009) - All Saints Catholic School knows how to throw a party and learn about language arts, fine arts, religion and music from the experience. On February 24, 2009, the students, staff and friends of All Saints Catholic School (ASCS) will host a Mardi Gras parade that will be the culmination of months worth of cross-curricular learning.
“For weeks, our students have been working with the librarian, the art and the band teacher, and within their language arts time to bring to life the favorite book the class has chosen.” Marie Pishko, ASCS principal states, “Each student has created a mask representing one of the characters in their book. They will then use these masks, in true Mardi Gras fashion, to parade up and down the campus on February 24th, while throwing and receiving beads from their classmates and teachers.”
Maria Abernathy, parent at ASCS, expresses, “This is a unique way our kids get to express what they’ve learned. Their hard work results in a Mardi Gras parade showcasing the literature they’ve been working on. It makes school an incredibly fun place!”
Sponsored by the All Saints Catholic School Student Council and their faculty advisor, Jennifer Meyer, the Mardi Gras festivities feature a cross-curricular approach to learning. This is a cornerstone of how All Saints Catholic School teaches their students.
All Saints Catholic School
All Saints Catholic School is a nationally recognized Blue Ribbon school, providing exceptional Catholic education to children from Kindergarten through eighth grade. For more information, visit www.AllSaintsK8.org.
All Saints Catholic School
http://www.AllSaintsK8.org TX, 75252 US
Marta Frey - Marketing, 214 217-3300
All Saints, Mardi Gras,
Catholic Schools & Religious Education
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Youth & Young Adult Rally for Life 2014
- St. Ann Concert to Feature Piedmont Baroque Consortium
- Growing up without a father does what?
- THe Fiest Ancient Church in the Archdiocese of Pondicherry - South India - Christmas Celebrations -
- Walsh University and Community Mourn the Passing of Last Living Founding Brother Edmond Drouin, FIC
- 12 Days of Christmas - Real Life Catholic Music DaVinci Code Mystery Solved - Video Interview
- Pope Francis Named 'Time' Person of the Year
- Pope Francis and Person of the Year: Is it Right?
- New Plus libraries from Verbum introduce remarkable features to famous Catholic software
- Time Magazine’s Man of the Year Accepts Greetings From Walsh University Students on the Morning He i