Mother-Daughter Conferences Available
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WATERFORD, CT (NOVEMBER 3, 2008) - Best-selling Catholic author, speaker, and media expert Teresa Tomeo is now available for parish and diocesan conferences based upon the ground-breaking book series for Catholic girls called “All Things Girl.” This series of books (Friends, Boys, and getting Along; Mirror, Mirror; Girls Rock!; Modern and Modest; and Mind Your Manner), along with its journal and leader’s guide, is the basis from which Catholic families can reinforce Church teachings in a fun, yet real, way. More than ever before, Catholic families must be aware of the cultural messages their children are receiving.
Consider the just-released RAND Health study which says… “exposure to sex on television may influence teen pregnancy by creating the perception that there is little risk to engaging in sex without using contraceptives and accelerating the initiation of sexual intercourse.”
Using the truths of JPII’s theology of the body and feminine genius, the goal of each conference is to impart the Truths of the Catholic Church to mothers and daughters in such a way as to withstand today’s cultural messages that are in complete contradiction to Church teaching.
Every conference includes a mother-daughter presentation on the media and its influences on young girls. Teresa shares her personal experiences (as found in her testimonial book, “Newsflash”) as a secular journalist, with almost three decades in the business, as a way to reveal the bias and often negative influences of pop culture on young girls today.
Along with Teresa’s compelling keynote address, each mother-daughter conference includes additional presentations from the Runway to Reality apostolate of Molly Miller and Monica Cops. Girls are given real tips on fashion and beauty and are encouraged to “have a plan” that develops their relationship with Christ and their true inner beauty.
If you are interested in bringing this timely conference to your parish or diocese, please contact Teresa Tomeo at 586-777-2691 or visit her website at www.TeresaTomeo.com. Hurray, available dates for 2009 are limited.
http://www.BezalelBooks.com CT, 48330 US
Cheryl Dickow - Editor and publisher, 248 917-3865
JPII, theology of the body, feminine genius
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Joy of the Gospel Retreat for Priests Offered
- Media Advisory - Cardinal, other experts participate in Tele-Press Conference
- Discover the Rich History of the Catholic Church in America
- Would You Baptize an Extraterrestrial?
- Franciscan University Symposia to Celebrate 25 Years of John Paul II's Ex corde Ecclesiae
- Join RealOptions at Ignite Life 2014!
- New Edition of Writings by a Prophetic Pope
- George Weigel to Speak on Evangelical Catholicism and Higher Education
- Teacher Wins $3,000 Cash Prize for Catholic YA Novel
- 'Power of Beauty' Conference to Discuss Role of Beauty in Everyday Life