CatholicTV ® Telethon live this Friday and Saturday 9am to 9pm
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WATERTOWN, MA (SEPTEMBER 17, 2008) - CatholicTV® will hold its 17th annual telethon on Friday and Saturday, September 19th and 20th, from 9am to 9pm each day. The event will air live from the headquarters of CatholicTV, the Msgr. Francis T. McFarland Television Center in Watertown. The station’s director, Father Robert Reed, will be hosting the telethon with general manager Jay Fadden and producer Kevin Nelson. CatholicTV is entirely viewer supported and relies on the telethon to boost funding for production the following year. CatholicTV broadcasts 24 hours daily on Comcast channel 268, RCN 85, Sky Angel IPTV 142, Verizon FiOS 296.
Enjoy the telethon anytime everywhere at www.CatholicTV.com, your Catholic broadband network. During the telethon, viewers can call 617-923-3450 to make a pledge or share their feedback. A special page at CatholicTV.com “Telethon 2008” has the day’s schedule of entertainment with links to past performances. Members of the Catholic Daughters of the Americas and Knights of Columbus will be among the volunteers answering phone calls.
The telethon features 24 hours of entertainment and interviews with personalities from CatholicTV family-friendly, faith-filled programming. This year, there are national Christian recording artists as well as local acts scheduled to perform. The lineup includes Ray Herrmann, Donna Lee, Kitty Cleveland, Heather Waxman, Anne DiSanto, Linda Gray Kelly, Susan Bailey, Anne Marie David, Diana Doyle, Fr. Chris Hickey and Fr. Paul Rouse from the CatholicTV variety series “Going My Way” and more. Over the years, the telethon has proven that “the parishioners of the airwaves” are tremendous in their support of CatholicTV and it has seen outstanding musical performances, memorable interviews, an atmosphere of fun and surprises.
CatholicTV provides family-friendly religious, news, and educational programming 24 hours daily. Founded over fifty years ago, CatholicTV programming is available on selected cable systems. For more information, visit www.CatholicTV.com, where CatholicTV’s programming is available via a live stream or on demand. Father Robert Reed, a priest of the Archdiocese of Boston, is the Director of CatholicTV.
# # #
http://www.CatholicTV.com MA, 02472 US
Sean Ward - Public Relations, 617 9233024 x212
television ministry saint therese of lisieux prayer channel catholic tv telethon
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Religious Educators Learn How to Keep Christ at the Heart of the New Evangelization
- Fifth Centenary Celebration Unifies Faithful through Spirituality, Technology and Music
- Media Advisory: Messenger of the Truth documentary to air in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara
- Provocative music-driven love story to contend in year of faith films
- Youth Conference Brings Teens 'Face to Face' With God
- The CatholicTV Network Honors National NFP Awareness Week
- Leading Catholic Church law judge and bishops support Catholics faithful to spouses after divorce
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater L.A. Announces Catholic Coalition Partnership, Inaugural Build Event
- Liguori Publications Buys Franciscan Media’s Parish Resources
- Pauline Books & Media 2014 CPA Awards