Returning To Yourself In The Midst Of Care-Giving
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MARRIOTTSVILLE, MD (JANUARY 21, 2008) - Thursday, February 7, 2008 (snow date March 13)
Begin: 10am – End: 4:00pm Cost: $150 (Includes Lunch)
For professional healthcare givers, chaplains, spiritual directors, and others who accompany the dying. This workshop will examine the fears, assumptions, and expectations that dull our hearts and take us away from ourselves as we seek to be present to others. We will explore practices that can support and assist our simple open presence as we companion the dying.
Presenters: Rose Mary Dougherty, SSND, Jesse Palidofsky, MDiv, BCC, Micheline C. Toussaint, LCSW, all work in various Hospice settings.
BON SECOURS SPIRITUAL CENTER, MARRIOTTSVILLE, MARYLAND
http://www.bonsecoursspiritualcenter.org MD, US
Joanne Abalos - Information and Guest Services Coordinator, 410 442-1320
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- RealOptions Presents Rachel’s Vineyard Retreats
- Angels and Saints at Ephesus again No. 1 on Billboard’s Classical Traditional Music Chart
- The CatholicTV Network to air Feature on the Fine Arts Summer Academy
- The CatholicTV Network to air Ordinations to the Priesthood for the Archdiocese of Boston
- Live Web Event with Scott Hahn
- New Book by IPS Brings together Psychologists, Theologians and Philosophers to 'Build the Bridge'
- Remembering Fr. Kapaun and all our fallen heroes on Memorial Day
- First U.S. Publisher to Speak at Canadian Catholic Schools Convention
- IPS Press Announces Last Book from the Late Benedict Ashley, O.P. A Culmination of His Life's Work
- Human cloning for stem cells remains unethical, impractical and dangerous