Academic Retreat for Teachers Explores Classical Curriculum
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
FORT WAYNE, INDIANA, MAY 8, 2007 — The Institute for Catholic Liberal Education is hosting its first Academic Retreat for high school teachers and principals on July 8 –13 at the University of St. Francis in Fort Wayne, Indiana. The week-long retreat is entitled: Understanding the Classical Curriculum. Registrations may be made on-line at www.CatholicLiberalEducation.org.
“The Academic Retreat represents our most ambitious attempt so far to help Catholic schools understand the Catholic tradition of education,” explains Andrew T. Seeley, Ph.D., director of academic services at the institute. “We want to share with high school educators the inspiration we have received from numerous Church documents on education, the nourishment from great Catholic thinkers such as Cardinal Newman and Christopher Dawson, and the practical understanding from several decades of experience in Catholic schools devoted to liberal education.”
Attendees will explore the foundations of a genuine classical education, and sessions will cover the History of Western Education, the Trivium, Math, Science, Literature, Theology and Music. Attendees will also read and discuss Newman, Dawson, Shakespeare, Euclid, John Paul II and more.
Thanks to a generous grant from the Our Sunday Visitor Foundation, the Institute for Catholic Liberal Education offers the entire week-long retreat, including room, board and materials, for only $300!
For more information, go to www.CatholicLiberalEducation.org or call 805/625-1817.
About the Institute for Catholic Liberal Education: Founded in 1999 in response to the Second Vatican Council’s call for the renewal of Catholic education, the Institute is dedicated to fostering Catholic liberal education (often referred to as classical education) through research, education and consultation. Learn more at www.CatholicLiberalEducation.org.
Institute for Catholic Liberal Education
http://www.catholicliberaleducation.org CA, US
Andrew Seeley - Director, Academic Services, 805 625-1817
Teachers, classical curriculum, Catholic
Catholic Schools & Religious Education
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Live Web Event with Scott Hahn
- New Book by IPS Brings together Psychologists, Theologians and Philosophers to 'Build the Bridge'
- Remembering Fr. Kapaun and all our fallen heroes on Memorial Day
- First U.S. Publisher to Speak at Canadian Catholic Schools Convention
- IPS Press Announces Last Book from the Late Benedict Ashley, O.P. A Culmination of His Life's Work
- Human cloning for stem cells remains unethical, impractical and dangerous
- Book Launch: The Church Under Attack
- Angels and Saints at Ephesus debuts at No. 1 on Billboard’s Classical Traditional Music Chart
- Mission of Healing in Los Angeles
- Father Robert Reed to be Honored by the Boston Archdiocesan Choir School