Academic Retreat for Teachers Explores Classical Curriculum
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
FORT WAYNE, INDIANA, MAY 8, 2007 — The Institute for Catholic Liberal Education is hosting its first Academic Retreat for high school teachers and principals on July 8 –13 at the University of St. Francis in Fort Wayne, Indiana. The week-long retreat is entitled: Understanding the Classical Curriculum. Registrations may be made on-line at www.CatholicLiberalEducation.org.
“The Academic Retreat represents our most ambitious attempt so far to help Catholic schools understand the Catholic tradition of education,” explains Andrew T. Seeley, Ph.D., director of academic services at the institute. “We want to share with high school educators the inspiration we have received from numerous Church documents on education, the nourishment from great Catholic thinkers such as Cardinal Newman and Christopher Dawson, and the practical understanding from several decades of experience in Catholic schools devoted to liberal education.”
Attendees will explore the foundations of a genuine classical education, and sessions will cover the History of Western Education, the Trivium, Math, Science, Literature, Theology and Music. Attendees will also read and discuss Newman, Dawson, Shakespeare, Euclid, John Paul II and more.
Thanks to a generous grant from the Our Sunday Visitor Foundation, the Institute for Catholic Liberal Education offers the entire week-long retreat, including room, board and materials, for only $300!
For more information, go to www.CatholicLiberalEducation.org or call 805/625-1817.
About the Institute for Catholic Liberal Education: Founded in 1999 in response to the Second Vatican Council’s call for the renewal of Catholic education, the Institute is dedicated to fostering Catholic liberal education (often referred to as classical education) through research, education and consultation. Learn more at www.CatholicLiberalEducation.org.
Institute for Catholic Liberal Education
http://www.catholicliberaleducation.org CA, US
Andrew Seeley - Director, Academic Services, 805 625-1817
Teachers, classical curriculum, Catholic
Catholic Schools & Religious Education
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles make Billboard Chart history
- NYC Sat Dec 21st Catholic Professionals Mass & Christmas Social
- Pope Francis to Celebrate Bambinelli Sunday, December 15
- Celine Dion Moved to Tears Voicing Her Support for Mary’s Meals documentary, CHILD 31
- 'Francis: A Pope For Our Time, The Definitive Biography'
- Ignatius Press to release Pope Francis’ first Apostolic Exhortation
- Steve Ray Conference December 14,2013 in Brighton, MI
- A trip to another planet shatters assumptions
- Christian Doctors Providing Relief Work to the Philippines
- Production of Catholic cartoon about Saint Kateri Tekakwitha