The CatholicTV Network Announces Programming in Honor of the Celestine Year
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Watertown, MA (July 29, 2014) - In celebration of the Jubilee Year of Pope Saint Celestine V, CatholicTV is pleased to announce programming and features to honor the work and ministry of Pope Saint Celestine.
While Celestine served as Pope for only five months, his papacy established the ruling that a pope could resign; Celestine was the first Pope to resign and Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI was the second.
A jubilee year is rooted in scripture and is a time set aside to pray, reflect and celebrate. This is the second jubilee year in honor of Pope Saint Celestine, the first was celebrated in 2009 -2010 to celebrate the anniversary of his birth. Pope Francis’ recent declaration of a jubilee year in honor of Pope Saint Celestine is to draw attention to the beauty of a sanctified life of the Gospel of love as opposed to earthly achievements at the center of one’s life. The Jubilee Year of Pope Saint Celestine calls us to explore the virtues of humility, and prayer.
On August 11th , the CatholicTV Network will premiere a documentary directed by Alessandra Gigante on the life and papacy of Pope Saint Celestine V. While Celestine’s papal election was tumultuous, his example of living a humble and holy life demonstrates his love of prayer and commitment to those less fortunate. The documentary airs Monday August 11th, at 10:30 PM; and Thursday August 14th at 5 PM (all times eastern) future air dates may be found on the schedule page of www.CatholicTV.com
Programming throughout the Celestine Year will focus on the rejection of worldly achievements and the uplifting practices of the Beatitudes.
Read Fr. Dwight Longnecker’s article on Pope Celestine and the jubilee year visit: www.Aleteia.org
CatholicTV provides family-friendly, religious, news, and educational programming 24 hours daily. Founded in 1955, CatholicTV is a ministry of the Archdiocese of Boston and is available in selected areas on cable in the United States via ROKU, selected carriers and online via a live stream anytime, everywhere at the station's web site www.CatholicTV.com. Father Robert Reed, a priest of the Archdiocese of Boston, is the President of The CatholicTV Network.
Pope Francis, Pope Celestine, jubilee year
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Joy of the Gospel Retreat for Priests Offered
- Media Advisory - Cardinal, other experts participate in Tele-Press Conference
- Discover the Rich History of the Catholic Church in America
- Would You Baptize an Extraterrestrial?
- Franciscan University Symposia to Celebrate 25 Years of John Paul II's Ex corde Ecclesiae
- Join RealOptions at Ignite Life 2014!
- New Edition of Writings by a Prophetic Pope
- George Weigel to Speak on Evangelical Catholicism and Higher Education
- Teacher Wins $3,000 Cash Prize for Catholic YA Novel
- 'Power of Beauty' Conference to Discuss Role of Beauty in Everyday Life