The CatholicTV Network to air Coverage of the USCCB Spring General Assembly
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WATERTOWN, MA (June 10, 2014) The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) will meet June 11-13, in New Orleans, for their annual Spring General Assembly. The opening Mass of the June general session will be celebrated by Archbishop Joseph Kurtz of Louisville, Kentucky, USCCB president, at the Cathedral-Basilica of St. Louis.
On Wednesday, June 11, The CatholicTV Network will air the Spring General Assembly live from 11AM to 1PM ET. On Thursday, June 12, The CatholicTV Network will air the Assembly from 10:30AM to 1:30PM ET. The Spring General Assembly events will broadcast on The CatholicTV Network and will live-stream on www.CatholicTV.com.
During the Spring General Assembly, the USCCB will discuss "Marriage and the Economy" and "The New Evangelization and Poverty." More information can be found at: www.usccb.org.
About the USCCB:
The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) is an assembly of the hierarchy of the United States and the U.S. Virgin Islands who jointly exercise certain pastoral functions on behalf of the Christian faithful of the United States. The purpose of the Conference is to promote the greater good which the Church offers humankind, especially through forms and programs of the apostolate fittingly adapted to the circumstances of time and place. This purpose is drawn from the universal law of the Church and applies to the episcopal conferences which are established all over the world for the same purpose.
About the CatholicTV Network:
Founded in 1955, CatholicTV Network is a national broadcast television network streaming a live feed 24 hours a day at CatholicTV.com. Heeding Pope Benedict XVI's call to greater utilize the power of television and new media, the CatholicTV Network features its cable TV station, Catholic web site, mobile apps and widget. Celebrate Mass online; pray The Rosary; enjoy programs on prayer, the saints, the Scriptures and the Catholic Church on America's Catholic Television Network.
Public Relations Coordinator
The CatholicTV Network
http://www.CatholicTV.com MA, 02471 US
Shannon Muldoon - Public Relations Coordinator,
Catholic, USCCB, Bishops, New Orleans
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- When Pope Francis Arrives in North America, There is Only One Network to Watch: EWTN Global Catholic
- The Synod on the Family: Addressing the Instrumentum Laboris
- GHIRELLI'S WORLD MEETING OF FAMILIES ROSARIES NOW AVAILABLE
- OCP Artist, Pedro Rubalcava, Writes Song for Pope Francis' Visit
- Pre-Synod Conference unites Cardinals and men and women living with homosexual tendencies
- The Rigging of a Vatican Synod
- 17 Cardinals and Counting
- 19th Annual Carnival Announced for St. Ann's Parish
- OCP Pledges to Support the V Encuentro
- The John Paul II International Film Festival Marks Its Five-Year Anniversary