Walsh University’s Megan Donaldson Named Outstanding Physical Therapist for the State of Ohio
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NORTH CANTON, OH (March 27, 2014) - Walsh University’s Division of Physical Therapy Assistant Professor Meagan Donaldson PT, DPT, PhD, FAAOMPT was selected from over 8,000 other nominated physical therapists statewide to be named as the 2013 Outstanding Physical Therapist by the Ohio Physical Therapy Association (OPTA) from a pool of 8,000 applicants.
“Rarely, has someone’s contributions been as deserving of the recognition received. We are very proud of Dr. Donaldson and are truly blessed to have her as a colleague,” said Division of Physical Therapy Chair and Professor of Chad Cook, PT, PhD, MBA, FAAOMPT.
The Outstanding Physical Therapist Award criteria requires a physical therapist who excels as a clinician, in service, or in research. Donaldson has the unique capacity having excelled in all three areas and for this reason she was recognized by the selection committee.
Some of Donaldson’s accomplishments include that she is one of only a few fellowship-trained manual therapists in Ohio, and as part of that group she is one of only a handful of women. Donaldson conducts original research that is often selected for publication in scholarly, peer-reviewed journals. Currently, Donaldson is actively involved in a randomized controlled trial for low back pain that is multi-institutional.
She was a co-author on the AAOMPT/Dirk Erhard Excellence in Research Award for 2014 and received the PACE grant. She also is instrumental in managing the Walsh University annual Fit Family 5K Race and Kids’ Fun Run that raised funds for scholarships for physical therapy undergraduate students. Donaldson and her husband reside in North Canton.
“To our knowledge, she is the first, or one of the first, academicians to win the award,” added Cook. Donaldson will be recognized by her peers and receive her award at the Ohio Physical Therapy Association’s Annual Conference this spring.
Walsh University is an independent, coeducational Catholic liberal arts and sciences institution that promotes academic excellence and diversity and provides close faculty-student interaction. It is dedicated to teaching its more than 3,000 students from 15 states and 31 countries to become leaders in service to others through a values-based education with an international perspective in the Judeo-Christian tradition.
http://www.walsh.edu OH, 44720 US
Kelly A Campbell - Director of University Relations, 330.490.7296
Walsh University, Physical Therapist, Ohio
Catholic Schools & Religious Education
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Role of Beauty Examined at 'Power of Beauty' Conference
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Named a 2015 'Best Value' by Kiplinger's Personal Finance
- Franciscan University Faith Households Celebrate 40 Years
- Tolkien’s Christmas wish: limited government and a good movie?
- New Album Time Stands Still, Debuts with U.S. Tour
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?