Paul Kengor to Speak on Principles of a Reagan Conservative
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
STEUBENVILLE, OH (March 5, 2014) - As the 2016 presidential election begins to take shape, Republican candidates will soon be throwing around the term, “Reagan conservative.” But what is a “Reagan conservative?” Where did Ronald Reagan stand on issues ranging from immigration to debt ceilings to tax cuts to terrorism to gay marriage? How many claiming the cause of Reagan conservatism actually know what these words truly mean? Is there “another Reagan” out there today?
Acclaimed Reagan biographer and presidential historian Paul Kengor will answer these questions and more on Tuesday, March 25, at 7:00 p.m. at Franciscan University of Steubenville in the St. Joseph Center Seminar Room.
In his book, 11 Principles of a Reagan Conservative, Kengor identifies key points that “tell us what Reagan’s conservatism was truly about, and what his emulators might take to heart,” he says.
Kengor is a professor of political science at Grove City College and executive director of the college’s Center for Vision & Values. An internationally recognized authority on Ronald Reagan and the presidency, Kengor is a New York Times best-selling author whose numerous writings on Reagan have appeared in academic presses, scholarly journals, and publications ranging from the Washington Post and USA Today to CNN.com.
This talk is sponsored by Franciscan University’s Veritas Center for Ethics in Public Life.
Franciscan University of Steubenville
http://franciscan.edu OH, 43952 US
Tom Sofio - Associate Director of Public Relations,
Franciscan University of Steubenville, Paul Kengor, Reagan conservatism
Catholic Schools & Religious Education
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Thu, Sept 25, 2014 - Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Angelos Sebastian at Our Lady of Grace Catholic
- Employment Opportunities with the LA Archdiocese
- Marriage and Family at the Forefront of Social Science Conference
- New books and key experts available in time for October Synod on Marriage and Family
- Franciscan University Reacts to Latest HHS Mandate Ruling
- Former Polish Prime Minister to Speak on Legacy of St. John Paul II
- Divine Mercy Drama Comes to Washington, DC
- Gospel of Mark — Ready, Set, Go! - September 6, 2014
- Come to the Sisters of Providence Fall Discernment Weekend Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2014
- New Book Helps Readers Trust God with St. Therese's Little Way