Paul Kengor to Speak on Principles of a Reagan Conservative
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
STEUBENVILLE, OH (March 5, 2014) - As the 2016 presidential election begins to take shape, Republican candidates will soon be throwing around the term, “Reagan conservative.” But what is a “Reagan conservative?” Where did Ronald Reagan stand on issues ranging from immigration to debt ceilings to tax cuts to terrorism to gay marriage? How many claiming the cause of Reagan conservatism actually know what these words truly mean? Is there “another Reagan” out there today?
Acclaimed Reagan biographer and presidential historian Paul Kengor will answer these questions and more on Tuesday, March 25, at 7:00 p.m. at Franciscan University of Steubenville in the St. Joseph Center Seminar Room.
In his book, 11 Principles of a Reagan Conservative, Kengor identifies key points that “tell us what Reagan’s conservatism was truly about, and what his emulators might take to heart,” he says.
Kengor is a professor of political science at Grove City College and executive director of the college’s Center for Vision & Values. An internationally recognized authority on Ronald Reagan and the presidency, Kengor is a New York Times best-selling author whose numerous writings on Reagan have appeared in academic presses, scholarly journals, and publications ranging from the Washington Post and USA Today to CNN.com.
This talk is sponsored by Franciscan University’s Veritas Center for Ethics in Public Life.
Franciscan University of Steubenville
http://franciscan.edu OH, 43952 US
Tom Sofio - Associate Director of Public Relations,
Franciscan University of Steubenville, Paul Kengor, Reagan conservatism
Catholic Schools & Religious Education
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Religious Educators Learn How to Keep Christ at the Heart of the New Evangelization
- Fifth Centenary Celebration Unifies Faithful through Spirituality, Technology and Music
- Media Advisory: Messenger of the Truth documentary to air in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara
- Provocative music-driven love story to contend in year of faith films
- Youth Conference Brings Teens 'Face to Face' With God
- The CatholicTV Network Honors National NFP Awareness Week
- Leading Catholic Church law judge and bishops support Catholics faithful to spouses after divorce
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater L.A. Announces Catholic Coalition Partnership, Inaugural Build Event
- Liguori Publications Buys Franciscan Media’s Parish Resources
- Pauline Books & Media 2014 CPA Awards