Paul Kengor to Speak on Principles of a Reagan Conservative
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
STEUBENVILLE, OH (March 5, 2014) - As the 2016 presidential election begins to take shape, Republican candidates will soon be throwing around the term, "Reagan conservative." But what is a "Reagan conservative?" Where did Ronald Reagan stand on issues ranging from immigration to debt ceilings to tax cuts to terrorism to gay marriage? How many claiming the cause of Reagan conservatism actually know what these words truly mean? Is there "another Reagan" out there today?
Acclaimed Reagan biographer and presidential historian Paul Kengor will answer these questions and more on Tuesday, March 25, at 7:00 p.m. at Franciscan University of Steubenville in the St. Joseph Center Seminar Room.
In his book, 11 Principles of a Reagan Conservative, Kengor identifies key points that "tell us what Reagan's conservatism was truly about, and what his emulators might take to heart," he says.
Kengor is a professor of political science at Grove City College and executive director of the college's Center for Vision & Values. An internationally recognized authority on Ronald Reagan and the presidency, Kengor is a New York Times best-selling author whose numerous writings on Reagan have appeared in academic presses, scholarly journals, and publications ranging from the Washington Post and USA Today to CNN.com.
This talk is sponsored by Franciscan University's Veritas Center for Ethics in Public Life.
Franciscan University of Steubenville
http://franciscan.edu OH, 43952 US
Tom Sofio - Associate Director of Public Relations,
Franciscan University of Steubenville, Paul Kengor, Reagan conservatism
Catholic Schools & Religious Education
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- When Pope Francis Arrives in North America, There is Only One Network to Watch: EWTN Global Catholic
- The Synod on the Family: Addressing the Instrumentum Laboris
- GHIRELLI'S WORLD MEETING OF FAMILIES ROSARIES NOW AVAILABLE
- OCP Artist, Pedro Rubalcava, Writes Song for Pope Francis' Visit
- Pre-Synod Conference unites Cardinals and men and women living with homosexual tendencies
- The Rigging of a Vatican Synod
- 17 Cardinals and Counting
- 19th Annual Carnival Announced for St. Ann's Parish
- OCP Pledges to Support the V Encuentro
- The John Paul II International Film Festival Marks Its Five-Year Anniversary