Blockbuster film Restless Heart available now on DVD
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information:
Kevin Wandra, 404-788-1276 or
Ignatius Press announces release of highly anticipated movie on St. Augustine
SAN FRANCISCO, CA (November 11, 2013) – The wait is over. Ignatius Press will release RESTLESS HEART: The Confessions of Augustine, the first full-length feature film on beloved St. Augustine, as a two-disc collector’s edition DVD Friday, Nov. 15, 2013. The highly anticipated DVD features the 133-minute theatrical-length film and a 203-minute extended version of the film, and a 24-page illustrated companion booklet.
Filmed in Europe, RESTLESS HEART uses a historic backdrop to tell the story of one of the Church’s most beloved and well-known saints. Its message of sin, conversion and redemption is as timely today as it was in the fifth century of Augustine. It is the story of a gifted man who pursues fame and fortune without a moral compass — and the dramatic changes that occur in his soul when challenging events lead him to see the light of truth. It also chronicles the collapse of the Roman world and how Augustine laid the intellectual foundations of what became Europe. With Augustine, the stories of two other great saints, Monica and Ambrose, are also portrayed.
“The release on DVD of RESTLESS HEART is a major event for Ignatius Press, as this epic film is the biggest movie project we have been involved with to date,” said Ignatius Press Director of Marketing Anthony Ryan. “For the first time ever, with this film IP did a three-stage release process: an eight-month sponsored-theatrical release, then a five-month parish screening program release, and now the third and final stage, releasing it on DVD in a special two-disc Collector's Edition. The positive response of the public to this powerful film on St. Augustine has been overwhelming, and we are very excited to now release it on DVD, just in time for the Christmas season.”
RESTLESS HEART is directed by Christian Duguay (“Joan of Arc,” “Pius XII”). The cast includes Allesandro Presiosi, Monica Guerritore, Johannes Brandrup, Serena Rossi and Franco Nero.
Ignatius Press originally obtained the North American distribution rights to the movie and made it available via a screening program that was immensely successful; it resulted in over 1,000 screenings in over 200 cities in North America, with large crowds frequently attending each show.
To watch an exclusive, extended trailer of the film, please visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqJ2daYBevQ.
For more information on the DVD, or to schedule an interview with Anthony Ryan, please contact Kevin Wandra (404-788-1276 or email KWandra@CarmelCommunications.com) of Carmel Communications.
http://www.ignatius.com GA, 30075 US
Kevin Wandra - ,
Restless Heart DVD, St. Augustine, Catholic movies, Ignatius Press,
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Religious Educators Learn How to Keep Christ at the Heart of the New Evangelization
- Fifth Centenary Celebration Unifies Faithful through Spirituality, Technology and Music
- Media Advisory: Messenger of the Truth documentary to air in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara
- Provocative music-driven love story to contend in year of faith films
- Youth Conference Brings Teens 'Face to Face' With God
- The CatholicTV Network Honors National NFP Awareness Week
- Leading Catholic Church law judge and bishops support Catholics faithful to spouses after divorce
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater L.A. Announces Catholic Coalition Partnership, Inaugural Build Event
- Liguori Publications Buys Franciscan Media’s Parish Resources
- Pauline Books & Media 2014 CPA Awards