What do a puck, a goal and the Catholic Church have in common?
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information:
Kevin Wandra, 404-788-1276 or
Author scores with unlikely yet effective playbook for the New Evangelization
ATLANTA, GA (October 29, 2013) - What could an icy sport like hockey have in common with a hot button religion like Catholicism? In her debut book, THE CATECHISM OF HOCKEY, Alyssa Bormes shows readers that hockey, among many sports, is really a metaphor to understanding and believing what the Catholic Church teaches.
Why does hockey have so many rules? Why do Catholics? Do we still need to have penalty boxes? Why do we have to go to Confession? Can't we get rid of offside? What's the need for a Sacrament? And why is practice so important? Do we really need to go to Mass every week? What's the big deal with the Commissioner? And coaches? And referees? Why do we need priests, and what's the big deal with the Pope? Why can't they just let us play? Anyone involved in hockey - players, parents, fans - would never take any of those hockey questions seriously. Without the rules, there would be no hockey. And without the drills there would be no thrills.
And yet Catholics ask similar questions about the Church all the time.
Bormes offers a fun and enlightening playbook with the ultimate goal of explaining the richness and beauty of the Catholic faith through comparisons to hockey. And Bormes is getting high praise for her methods.
"Miss Bormes' new book, THE CATECHISM OF HOCKEY, offers an insightful and unique way of helping readers to better understand their faith," said Most Rev. Thomas John Paprocki, bishop of Springfield, Ill. "As a bishop and a hockey player, I am grateful for this contribution, which I pray will be an effective tool in helping people to grow in a deeper appreciation for the Catholic faith by viewing it through the lens of the game of hockey,"
For more information, to request a review copy or to schedule an interview with Alyssa Bormes, please contact Kevin Wandra (404-788-1276 or KWandra@CarmelCommunications.com) of Carmel Communications.
http://alyssabormes.com/ GA, 30075 US
Kevin Wandra - ,
The Catechism of Hockey, Alyssa Bormes, hockey, Catholic, Pope, Catholicism
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Uncovering the roots (and branches) of the greatest revolution in the American Catholic Church
- NYC May 8, 2015 Spring Fling Catholic Singles Mingle Fundraiser
- Thank A Nun Day
- #TweetingwGod dares young people to believe
- Experience Beloved: Finding happiness in marriage
- Archbishop Aquila, Dr. Edward Sri and other experts to participate in 'Beloved' telepress conference
- Catholic toymaker puts Faith in hands and mouths of babies: Pope Francis doll added to line of toys
- Nobis Media, Marketing & Web Development Company
- Concert Series Concludes with Winthrop University World Percussion Ensemble
- Birth Choice Health Clinics Announces Transition to Obria Medical Clinics and Plans for Expansion