Finding Faustina – Actress Maria Vargo Cast in Lead Role
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
VANCOUVER, WA (August 20, 2013) – After months of auditioning performers from all over the world, Saint Luke Productions has cast Hollywood actress Maria Vargo in the lead role of Faustina in the highly-anticipated new live production, “Faustina: Messenger of Divine Mercy.” The production is slated to open this fall.
Leonardo Defilippis, well-known for his live and film productions on the scriptures and the saints, particularly the feature film “Thérèse” (2004), is the producer of “Faustina.”
“I’m thrilled that we have been able to engage Maria for this project,” Defilippis said. “Not only does she have the talent and professionalism needed for this demanding one-woman role, but she also has a deep and sincere faith in the message. This promises to be our most inspiring and entertaining production ever.”
Vargo brings a wealth of experience to the role of Faustina. Her résumé includes roles in film, television and theater, in addition to work as an artistic director and producer for faith-based theater. Her talents also encompass a far-reaching spectrum from singer, songwriter and voice teacher, to public speaker and missionary to Africa.
“When Leonardo called me with the news that I had landed this role, I was filled with joy,” she said. “It occurred to me that the Lord had led me through all the sufferings, all the bad choices of my life, and all my prayers for direction, to this very moment, so that I could use my talents for Him.”
Maria Vargo feels a special calling to portray the character in particular. “I’m a living fruit of the Divine Mercy; that’s why I’m particularly interested in performing this role of Faustina. This is the message I’ve been looking forward to sharing with the world since I experienced the Divine Mercy in my personal life.”
The timely multimedia production will center around the spirit and life of Saint Faustina (1905-1938), a Polish mystic whose personal encounters with Jesus have inspired a world-wide devotion to Christ’s Divine Mercy. A parallel modern story within the drama will offer audiences a compelling connection relaying why this story is relevant for our times.
Defilippis believes that the message of this humble nun is an urgent one. “Faustina reveals to us the powerful and encouraging reality that no matter what a person has done in his life, God is still merciful. He welcomes especially those whose lives are the most desperate and lost. No one is too far away for His mercy.”
“Faustina: Messenger of Divine Mercy” is targeted to premiere this October, bringing the powerful message of God’s mercy for our troubled times to audiences in the U.S. and Canada initially. With such intense worldwide interest in Divine Mercy, there’s discussion of an international tour as well.
Visit www.DivineMercyDrama.com or call 360-687-8029 for information and to learn more about booking a performance on the nationwide tour.
Interview availability includes:
• Maria Vargo, Lead Actress (Vargo is available starting August 28, 2013)
• Leonardo Defilippis, President and Founder of Saint Luke Productions
• Patti Defilippis, Director and Writer of Saint Luke Productions
Interview contact: Janice Gonzalez, Media Relations for Saint Luke Productions, 360-487-9979; firstname.lastname@example.org
Saint Luke Productions
http://www.DivineMercyDrama.com WA, 98604 US
Janice Gonzalez - Media Relations , 360-487-9979
Faustina, Divine Mercy, Catholic, Saint Luke Productions, Leonardo Defilippis, Maria, Maria Vargo
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Media Advisory: Messenger of the Truth documentary to air in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara
- Provocative music-driven love story to contend in year of faith films
- Youth Conference Brings Teens 'Face to Face' With God
- The CatholicTV Network Honors National NFP Awareness Week
- Leading Catholic Church law judge and bishops support Catholics faithful to spouses after divorce
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater L.A. Announces Catholic Coalition Partnership, Inaugural Build Event
- Liguori Publications Buys Franciscan Media’s Parish Resources
- Pauline Books & Media 2014 CPA Awards
- Free listing of church music job openings on Facebook
- CMA doctors hail Supreme Court mandate ruling, decry ongoing targeting of faith community