Catholic Psychology School Welcomes New Admissions Director
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ARLINGTON, VA (August 22, 2013) - The Institute for the Psychological Sciences (IPS) is pleased to announce the appointment of Tambi Spitz to the position of director of admissions.
Spitz comes to IPS with a diverse background and a passion for higher education. She is a native of Hastings, Nebraska in the Diocese of Lincoln and graduated with a B.A in Psychology from Benedictine College in Atchison, Kansas.
Currently Spitz is finishing her M.S. in Student Personnel Administration from Canisius College in Buffalo, New York. She has also spent time in Oceanside, California, western New York and Virginia.
While in New York, Sptiz worked for the Division of Student Affairs at the State University of New York in Geneseo in student activities and residential life. From New York, Spitz moved to Virginia where she became the associate dean of student life at Christendom College in Front Royal.
The field of Psychology, particularly psychology guided by the faith, has always played an important role in her ministry and service. Because of her experience in higher education, enhanced by her love of psychology and formation of the person, Spitz is particularly pleased to join IPS.
She is looking forward to being a part of the mission and vision of the Institute and attracting students to IPS to pursue their dream of becoming a Catholic therapist whose education is grounded in fundamental principles of faith, reason and psychology.
“It’s a pleasure to welcome Tambi to IPS. Her impressive credentials and proven experience will be an asset to the Institute as we move into a new era for admissions,” said President Fr. Charles Sikorsky, L.C.
Founded in 1999 in Arlington, VA, the Institute for the Psychological Sciences (IPS), is the first and only graduate school of psychology integrating the authentic Catholic understanding of the person, marriage and the family with the best in psychological practice.
The Institute offers master's and doctoral degrees in clinical psychology, and a master's degree in general psychology. In addition, IPS now offers online certificate and continuing education (CE) programs.
Institute for the Psychological Sciences
http://ipsciences.edu/ VA, 22202 US
Ellen Guarente - Asst. Dir. of Promotions, (703) 416-1441 x.116
psychology, counselor, faith, graduate school, education, vocation, integration, school, Catholic
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Ex corde Ecclesiae Symposium, March 5-6
- Tú Me Sostendrás Calls Listeners to a Stronger Relationship with God
- Holy Spirit Catholic School Open House
- 100+ Priests & Deacons Gather in Rome for International Conference Confraternities of Catholic Clerg
- Honor y Gloria a Él Inspires with Songs of Hope and Adoration
- Catholic Clergy issue Joint Statement on Marriage
- March for Life 2015; Franciscan University Students Prepare the Celebrate 'Every Gift Is a Gift'
- Sacred Psalm Texts and Latin Rhythm Combine In New Bilingual Album
- Dr. Janet Smith the Present Catholic Teaching on Reproductive Technologies
- Concert Features Music and Verse from the Middle Ages to Today