Franciscan University Student Receives National Pro-Life Award
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
STEUBENVILLE, OH (April 24, 2013) - Grace Daigler, a Franciscan University of Steubenville social work major and human life studies minor, received the Young Leader Award from the Susan B. Anthony List, a national organization dedicated to bringing pro-life leaders to Congress and educating society about pro-life issues.
Daigler, the vice president of Franciscan University’s Students for Life chapter, is also a sidewalk counselor at the University’s weekly prayer vigils held outside Pittsburgh’s abortion clinics.
Daigler received one of four Young Leader Awards at the annual Campaign for Life Gala & Summit held April 11 at the Ronald Reagan Building in Washington, D.C. The event also honored Wisconsin representative Paul Ryan and Wisconsin Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch. Prior to the awards ceremony, talks were presented on depopulation, eugenics and the American future, and on training and developing pro-life candidates.
“I was honored and surprised that I was chosen,” said Daigler, a Williamsville, New York, native. “It was very humbling for me because there were so many pro-life leaders (at the gala) who have done so much, and here they were congratulating me!”
“These young women are leaders when it comes to protecting life at all stages,” said Marjorie Dannenfelser, president of the Susan B. Anthony List. “Each one of these women has a unique set of talents and is using them to strengthen and grow the pro-life movement. We are grateful for these trailblazers who embody the legacy of our namesake, Susan B. Anthony.”
The award exists to honor young women who embody the pro-life legacy of Susan B. Anthony, a leading suffragette who not only fought for women’s right to vote but also for the protection of unborn children.
Daigler’s passion for pro-life ministry was sparked by a talk she heard as a high schooler given by national director of Priests for Life, Father Frank Pavone. She went on to organize a school-wide walkathon for All Babies Cherished, and later coordinated a fundraising concert for the St. Gianna Molla Center and Meals on Wheels—to protect life at both its beginning and ending stages.
She is the founder and editor of a new pro-life magazine at Franciscan University, and currently leads efforts to set up a pro-life apologetics team at Franciscan. Additionally, she is in the process of writing a workbook for student groups seeking to learn how to dialogue with peers about abortion issues.
“We (the youth) are the pro-life movement, we’re not just future leaders in the pro-life movement. It’s us now,” explained Daigler.
Franciscan University of Steubenville
http://franciscan.edu OH, 43952 US
Tom Sofio - Associate Director of Public Relations,
Franciscan University of Steubenville, pro-life, Susan B. Anthony List
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Religious Educators Learn How to Keep Christ at the Heart of the New Evangelization
- Fifth Centenary Celebration Unifies Faithful through Spirituality, Technology and Music
- Media Advisory: Messenger of the Truth documentary to air in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara
- Provocative music-driven love story to contend in year of faith films
- Youth Conference Brings Teens 'Face to Face' With God
- The CatholicTV Network Honors National NFP Awareness Week
- Leading Catholic Church law judge and bishops support Catholics faithful to spouses after divorce
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater L.A. Announces Catholic Coalition Partnership, Inaugural Build Event
- Liguori Publications Buys Franciscan Media’s Parish Resources
- Pauline Books & Media 2014 CPA Awards