The CatholicTV Network to air Netherlands Production, The Passion, During Holy Week Programming
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WATERTOWN, MA (March 28, 2013) – The CatholicTV Network to air Netherlands Production, The Passion, During Holy Week Programming
The CatholicTV Network will air The Passion, as part of the networks Holy Week programming. The Passion will air on Good Friday at 9:30PM ET and on Holy Saturday at 1PM ET.
The Passion is a powerful telling of the last hours of the life of Jesus. From the Netherlands, famous pop stars and actors retell the Passion narrative in this large scale production using well known hit songs from around the world. Scenes take place on the streets of Gouda, including the Last Supper, Gethsemane, the Kiss of Judas, and the betrayal of Peter. This version of The Passion is based on the Manchester Passion which was broadcast live by the BBC in 2006.
The CatholicTV Network will also air additional programming during Good Friday and Holy Saturday.
On Good Friday the following will be broadcast: The Stations of the Cross will broadcast at 12PM ET and 6PM ET; Liturgy of Good Friday with Cardinal O’Malley from the Cathedral of the Holy Cross will broadcast at 3PM ET; and the Vatican Good Friday service will broadcast at 5PM ET.
On Holy Saturday the following will be broadcast: The Way of the Cross from the Coliseum in Rome will broadcast at 10:30AM ET; the Vatican Easter Vigil at 4PM ET (rebroadcast at midnight); the Great Vigil and first Mass of Easter with Cardinal Seán O'Malley broadcast at 8PM ET (rebroadcast at 3:30AM); and the Mass from the National Basilica Mass from Washington, D.C. scheduled at 11:30PM.
The CatholicTV Network will continue Holy Week coverage with the following Easter Sunday Masses:
Mass on CW56 at 7AM ET (rebroadcast on CatholicTV at 7PM.); Notre Dame’s Easter Sunday Mass live at 10AM; Vatican Easter Sunday Mass at 11:30AM ET and 9PM ET; The Papal Easter Blessing at 3:30PM and 8PM; and Easter Mass from San Antonio at 4PM.
For a full schedule please visit www.CatholicTV.com/HolyWeek.
About the CatholicTV® Network:
Founded in 1955, CatholicTV Network is a national broadcast television network streaming a live feed 24 hours a day at CatholicTV.com. Heeding Pope Benedict XVI's call to greater utilize the power of television and new media, the CatholicTV Network features its cable TV station, Catholic web site, mobile apps and widget. Celebrate Mass online; pray The Rosary; enjoy programs on prayer, the saints, the Scriptures and the Catholic Church on America's Catholic Television Network.
Public Relations Coordinator
The CatholicTV® Network
http://www.CatholicTV.com MA, 02471 US
Shannon Muldoon - Public Relations Coordinator,
Holy Week, Catholic, Passion
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Religious Educators Learn How to Keep Christ at the Heart of the New Evangelization
- Fifth Centenary Celebration Unifies Faithful through Spirituality, Technology and Music
- Media Advisory: Messenger of the Truth documentary to air in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara
- Provocative music-driven love story to contend in year of faith films
- Youth Conference Brings Teens 'Face to Face' With God
- The CatholicTV Network Honors National NFP Awareness Week
- Leading Catholic Church law judge and bishops support Catholics faithful to spouses after divorce
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater L.A. Announces Catholic Coalition Partnership, Inaugural Build Event
- Liguori Publications Buys Franciscan Media’s Parish Resources
- Pauline Books & Media 2014 CPA Awards