Now that we have a Pope, let’s talk about truth
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information:
Kevin Wandra, 404-788-1276 or
Peter Kreeft provides answers to the ten important questions everyone should ask
SAN FRANCISCO, CA (March 20, 2013) – Faith is very important. The world has witnessed that over the last five weeks as the Catholic Church waited for its new faith leader. But as we have observed from commentary and cultural reactions to the moral positions the new Holy Father holds, the ability to distinguish truth doesn’t come from faith, but through reason.
Catholic philosopher and critically acclaimed author Peter Kreeft tackles this position head-on in his latest book, JACOB’S LADDER: 10 Steps to Truth, available now from Ignatius Press.
Kreeft addresses ten important questions that he says everyone should ask as a means of getting to ultimate truth. In this clever approach, Kreeft answers these questions in an imaginary conversation between very different people who meet at the beach.
Kreeft’s characters start at the beginning, at the bottom of the ladder, which is the passion for truth. When it comes to the most important questions a person can ask, no mere interest in philosophical dabbling will do. The passion for truth does not stop there, however, but carries the reader from one page to the next in this thought-provoking adventure of the mind.
Dr. Christopher Kaczor, professor of philosophy at Loyola Marymount in Los Angeles, remarks about Kreeft’s book, “With clarity, wit, and insight, the characters of his dialogue consider some of the most central questions in human life – including truth, meaning, love, God and Jesus – in a way that is both entertaining and accessible.”
For more information, to request a review copy or to schedule an interview with Dr. Peter Kreeft, please contact Kevin Wandra (404-788-1276 or KWandra@CarmelCommunications.com) of Carmel Communications.
http://www.ignatius.com GA, 30075 US
Kevin Wandra - ,
Jacob's Ladder, Peter Kreeft, Catholic Church, Pope Francis, Ignatius Press, philosophy
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Franciscan University Faith Households Celebrate 40 Years
- Tolkien’s Christmas wish: limited government and a good movie?
- New Album Time Stands Still, Debuts with U.S. Tour
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?
- Meet a Medieval Pro-life Saint: Elizabeth of Hungary
- My Battle Against Hitler Blog Book Tour