Winners Named in the 10th Annual Father Michael Scanlan Full-Time Tuition Scholarship Competition
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
STEUBENVILLE, OH (March 1, 2013) - Franciscan University of Steubenville has named the three winners of this year’s Father Michael Scanlan Scholarship Competition: Christine Aubert, Alyssa Snyder, and Isabelle Wilson.
The three high school seniors were chosen from among 82 competitors from 32 different states. They will each receive a full-tuition academic scholarship for the duration of their studies at Franciscan University.
Christine Aubert from Southlake, Texas, will graduate from Faustina Academy. She plans to major in English.
Alyssa Snyder from Belton, Texas, will graduate from Holy Trinity Catholic High School. She plans to study humanities and Catholic culture, and catechetics.
Isabelle Wilson from Mount Vernon, Ohio, will graduate from Seton Home Study School. She plans to major in nursing.
This four-year, full-tuition scholarship, is named in honor of President Emeritus Father Michael Scanlan, TOR, who served as president of Franciscan University for 26 years and was instrumental in revitalizing the Catholic identity of the school.
On February 7 and 8, the students competed for the scholarships by writing an essay; being interviewed by a panel of faculty, staff, and religious; and participating in a group activity.
Due to a significant increase in applicants this year, Franciscan University officials decided to expand the number of winners, awarding three full-tuition scholarships instead of two.
Participants came from some of the top high schools in the nation, and they had ACT composite scores of 31 or higher and a GPA generally above 3.9.
Franciscan University integrates excellent academic programs with a dynamic faith environment to serve over 2,400 students from all 50 states and 15 countries. It offers more than 40 undergraduate and seven graduate degree programs, the most popular of which include theology, catechetics, nursing, education, and business administration.
Franciscan University has received a top-tier placement for 12 consecutive years in U.S. News & World Report’s list of America’s Best Colleges. It is also featured in The Newman Guide to Choosing a Catholic College and Kiplinger Personal Finance Magazine’s top 100 “best values” in private higher education.
Franciscan University of Steubenville
http://franciscan.edu OH, 43952 US
Tom Sofio - Associate Director of Public Relations,
Franciscan University of Steubenville, Father Michael Scanlan, scholarships
Catholic Schools & Religious Education
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Paul Kengor to Speak on Principles of a Reagan Conservative
- Ukrainian Priest Speaks on ‘Revolution of Dignity,’ Transformation of Afflicted Country
- Cardinal Kasper's shocking theology of Catholic marriage
- Papal agency calls for protection of religious believers’ rights following invasion of Ukraine
- Akerman-Teixeira Duo Featured at Gaudium Musicae
- Veritas Conference to Discuss Threats to Religious Freedom
- Media and Faith Conference Slated for April
- NYC Thursday April 24th Spring Fling - Singles Mingle Charity Event
- PROVIDING LIFE-AFFIRMING PREGNANCY SUPPORT TO WOMEN LOWERS ABORTIONS IN PENNSYLAVNIA AGAIN!
- Andy LaVallee to Appear on The CatholicTV Network