Winners Named in the 10th Annual Father Michael Scanlan Full-Time Tuition Scholarship Competition
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
STEUBENVILLE, OH (March 1, 2013) - Franciscan University of Steubenville has named the three winners of this year’s Father Michael Scanlan Scholarship Competition: Christine Aubert, Alyssa Snyder, and Isabelle Wilson.
The three high school seniors were chosen from among 82 competitors from 32 different states. They will each receive a full-tuition academic scholarship for the duration of their studies at Franciscan University.
Christine Aubert from Southlake, Texas, will graduate from Faustina Academy. She plans to major in English.
Alyssa Snyder from Belton, Texas, will graduate from Holy Trinity Catholic High School. She plans to study humanities and Catholic culture, and catechetics.
Isabelle Wilson from Mount Vernon, Ohio, will graduate from Seton Home Study School. She plans to major in nursing.
This four-year, full-tuition scholarship, is named in honor of President Emeritus Father Michael Scanlan, TOR, who served as president of Franciscan University for 26 years and was instrumental in revitalizing the Catholic identity of the school.
On February 7 and 8, the students competed for the scholarships by writing an essay; being interviewed by a panel of faculty, staff, and religious; and participating in a group activity.
Due to a significant increase in applicants this year, Franciscan University officials decided to expand the number of winners, awarding three full-tuition scholarships instead of two.
Participants came from some of the top high schools in the nation, and they had ACT composite scores of 31 or higher and a GPA generally above 3.9.
Franciscan University integrates excellent academic programs with a dynamic faith environment to serve over 2,400 students from all 50 states and 15 countries. It offers more than 40 undergraduate and seven graduate degree programs, the most popular of which include theology, catechetics, nursing, education, and business administration.
Franciscan University has received a top-tier placement for 12 consecutive years in U.S. News & World Report’s list of America’s Best Colleges. It is also featured in The Newman Guide to Choosing a Catholic College and Kiplinger Personal Finance Magazine’s top 100 “best values” in private higher education.
Franciscan University of Steubenville
http://franciscan.edu OH, 43952 US
Tom Sofio - Associate Director of Public Relations,
Franciscan University of Steubenville, Father Michael Scanlan, scholarships
Catholic Schools & Religious Education
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- IPS Press Announces Last Book from the Late Benedict Ashley, O.P. A Culmination of His Life's Work
- Human cloning for stem cells remains unethical, impractical and dangerous
- Book Launch: The Church Under Attack
- Angels and Saints at Ephesus debuts at No. 1 on Billboard’s Classical Traditional Music Chart
- Mission of Healing in Los Angeles
- Father Robert Reed to be Honored by the Boston Archdiocesan Choir School
- Father Michael Gaitley to Appear on The Gist
- Surfer Bear Woznick to Appear on the CatholicTV Network
- Mother Agnes Donovan, Superior General for the Sisters of Life, Delivering IPS Commencement Address
- Scott Hahn headlines May 25 seminar at Christ the King Parish, Lombard, IL