EWTN To Premiere Seven New Series in March
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
IRONDALE, AL (February 8, 2013) - EWTN helps you follow the Holy Father's call to evangelization in this Year of Faith with the launch of seven new series beginning March 1. Here's a sneak peek at the upcoming season!
• "The New Evangelization:" If you're a Catholic, you're called -- not asked -- to be an evangelist. Hosts Michael Hernon, Dr. Ralph Martin and Dr. Scott Hahn explain this emphasis on evangelism, whose thrust began in earnest with Bl. John Paul II and Pope Benedict XVI. (30 min.) Airs 5:30 p.m. ET, Sundays; 9 p.m. ET, Mondays; and 10:30 p.m. ET, Fridays beginning March 3.
• "The Thought of Pope Benedict XVI:" Explore the impact this Pope has had, not only on our Faith, but on the world with well-known historian, author, and returning Host Fr. Charles Connor. (30 min.) Airs 11 p.m. ET, Tuesdays, and 4 a.m. ET, Wednesdays, beginning March 5.
• "Door of Faith:" If you have a question about the Faith, Fr. Bede McGregor OP, will likely have an answer for you during this wide-ranging series. (30 min.) Airs 4:30 p.m. ET, Sundays, and 5:30 a.m. ET, Wednesdays beginning March 3.
• "Wisdom From Above:" Deacon Alex Jones, a former Pentecostal minister, hosts this 13-part Bible study series on the Epistle of James. You'll be amazed to discover that our lives today are no different than those of the early Christians who struggled with trials, temptations, listening to God's word, dealing with the rich and poor, and debates about faith and works in the Christian life. (30 min.) Airs 3 a.m. ET Sundays, and 6:30 p.m. Saturdays, beginning March 3.
• "The Acts of God:" Scripture Scholar Frances Hogan returns to EWTN to lead this meditation on the Acts of the Apostles, whose reliance on the Holy Spirit enabled them to preach the Gospel to the ends of the earth. (30 min.) Airs 3:30 a.m. ET, Wednesdays, and 1 p.m. ET, Saturdays, beginning March 6.
• "The Faith With Father Maurice:" Fr. Maurice Emelu presents the Church's teachings on the challenges of faith for his Catholic brothers and sisters, particularly those in his native country, Africa. (30 min.) Airs 10:30 a.m. ET, Sundays, and 11:30 p.m. Saturdays, beginning March 3.
• "Remembering Jesus:" This riveting 13-part series, with Fr. Roger Landry and Dr. Vincent Fortanasce, a Clinical Professor of Neurology at University of Southern California, will give you both a Catholic and a medical perspective on keeping your brain healthy. You'll also learn about how many Catholic faith practices can make a demonstrable difference in your health. (30 min.) Airs 11 p.m. ET Mondays, with an encore at 3:30 a.m. ET Saturdays, beginning March 4.
And don't forget to look for new episodes on dozens of our returning series!
Programs may be watched or listened to live on EWTN television by cable or satellite (www.ewtn.com/channelfinder), streaming audio or video on the Internet (http://origin.ewtn.com/audiovideo/index.asp), EWTN mobile (http://www.ewtn.com/mobi/), and on the EWTN Radio Network via our affiliates (http://www.ewtn.com/radio/amfm.htm), satellite radio (http://www.sirius.com/ewtn), or iHeartRadio (www.ewtn.com/iheart).
EWTN Global Catholic Network, in its 32th year, is available in over 225 million television households in more than 140 countries and territories. With its direct broadcast satellite television and radio services, AM & FM radio networks, worldwide short-wave radio station, Internet website www.ewtn.com, electronic and print news services, and publishing arm, EWTN is the largest religious media network in the world.
EWTN Global Catholic Network
http://www.ewtn.com AL, 35210 US
Michelle Johnson - Director of Communications, 205-795-5769
EWTN, Catholic, Pope, Holy Father, Year of Faith, Vincent Fortanasce,
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- 17 Cardinals and Counting
- 19th Annual Carnival Announced for St. Ann's Parish
- OCP Pledges to Support the V Encuentro
- The John Paul II International Film Festival Marks Its Five-Year Anniversary
- Thu, Sept 24, 2015- Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Angelos Sebastian Our Lady of Grace Catholic Chu
- How do we live the truth in love when the culture says we're haters?
- Grief, Death, Eternal Life Explored in New Catholic Title by PBM
- Right Next to Disneyland: Theater Meets Faith
- OCP Parish Grant Program to Distribute $200,000 to U.S. Parishes
- Franciscan University Joins With UK School to Offer Online Master of Catechetics Degree