Gracia y Amor/Grace and Love celebrates bilingual worship with song
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PORTLAND, OR (OCP) (January 17, 2013) - Now available, OCP composers Eleazar Cortés, Jaime Cortez and Bob Hurd’s new album, Gracia y Amor/Grace and love answers modern multicultural parishes’ call for high-quality bilingual worship music.
“There is a very real need for bilingual music in the church. More and more people are gathering [for worship] and looking for ways to relate in both English and Spanish,” said Eleazar Cortés.
From the same collaborators as the iconic album Somos el Cuepo del Cristo/We Are the Body of Christ—with the addition of Eleazar Cortés, Gracia y Amor/Grace and Love features a unique blend of musical styles that reflects today’s bilingual worship community.
“There’s a lot of beautiful music on this collection” said Jaime Cortez. “You have songs that are upbeat rock and roll, acoustic numbers, ‘trio’ music, some more meditative pieces and ballads that are more like mantras…even salsa and combinations. Different styles, different tempos…a wonderful variety for the Liturgy.”
The tracks on the CD are both ideal for inspirational listening and are also appropriate to use in liturgy—giving English and Spanish speakers the opportunity unite and praise God with one voice.
Bob Hurd explains, “[In this collection] we have songs for gathering, we have songs for preparation, we have communion songs and we have a song of praise and a sending forth song… The idea of the CD was to provide new bilingual songs for the entire Liturgy.”
To learn more about Gracia y Amor/Grace and Love, visit http://youtu.be/p6rP2CcY5a4 to watch a video interview with Eleazar Cortés, Jaime Cortez and Bob Hurd. Customers looking to purchase the CD or octavo packet may visit ocp.org/GyA. All other media requests may be sent to Erin McClellan at firstname.lastname@example.org, 503.460.5363.
OCP, a not-for-profit publisher of liturgical music and worship resources based in Portland, Oregon, has been in operation for more than 85 years. Worship programs produced by OCP are used in over two-thirds of Catholic churches in the United States and are distributed worldwide. Find OCP on Facebook at Facebook.com/OCPmusic.
OCP (Oregon Catholic Press)
http://www.ocp.org/gya OR, 97213 US
Erin McClellan - PR/MarCom Specialist, 503.460.5363
OCP, Oregon Catholic Press, Hispanic, Spanish, Gracia y Amor, Bob Hurd, Jaime cortez, bilingual
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Pope Francis to Celebrate Bambinelli Sunday, December 15
- Celine Dion Moved to Tears Voicing Her Support for Mary’s Meals documentary, CHILD 31
- 'Francis: A Pope For Our Time, The Definitive Biography'
- Ignatius Press to release Pope Francis’ first Apostolic Exhortation
- Steve Ray Conference December 14,2013 in Brighton, MI
- A trip to another planet shatters assumptions
- Christian Doctors Providing Relief Work to the Philippines
- Production of Catholic cartoon about Saint Kateri Tekakwitha
- Youth to Assemble 100,000 Meals for Africa at National Catholic Youth Conference.
- Contraception and Catholicism: What the Church Teaches and Why