Popular Author to Address Paradoxes of the Sexual Revolution
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
STEUBENVILLE, OH (January 16, 2013) - Mary Eberstadt, author of Adam and Eve After the Pill, will give a talk at Franciscan University of Steubenville on Tuesday, January 29, 2013, at 7:30 p.m. in the Gentile Gallery, J.C. Williams Center.
Eberstadt’s talk, “Adam and Eve After the Pill” adheres to the ethos of her book, which holds that sexual freedom has inevitably produced widespread discontent.
“This isn’t just a Catholic thing,” Eberstadt says, drawing on extensive evidence to document the ill effects of the sexual revolution. “In severing sex from procreation, humankind set in motion forces that have by now shaped and reshaped almost every aspect of life in the Western World.”
Eberstadt, a research fellow at the Hoover Institution, says the sexual revolution has altered economics, culture, and law. Families are smaller and birthrates have sunk, while divorce and out-of-wedlock births have soared. The modern welfare state has been harder to sustain because fewer children have been born to replace aging parents, Eberstadt explains.
Eberstadt’s talk is part of the spring 2013 Distinguished Speakers Series at Franciscan University, and is sponsored by Veritas. The event is free and open to the public.
Through the Distinguished Speakers Series, Franciscan University hosts leaders whose integration of their faith and public life inspire the next generation to be a transforming presence in the Catholic Church and society.
Franciscan University of Steubenville
http://franciscan.edu OH, 43952 US
Tom Sofio - Associate Director of Public Relations,
Sexual Revolution, Mary Eberstadt
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Role of Beauty Examined at 'Power of Beauty' Conference
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Named a 2015 'Best Value' by Kiplinger's Personal Finance
- Franciscan University Faith Households Celebrate 40 Years
- Tolkien’s Christmas wish: limited government and a good movie?
- New Album Time Stands Still, Debuts with U.S. Tour
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?