Popular Author to Address Paradoxes of the Sexual Revolution
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
STEUBENVILLE, OH (January 16, 2013) - Mary Eberstadt, author of Adam and Eve After the Pill, will give a talk at Franciscan University of Steubenville on Tuesday, January 29, 2013, at 7:30 p.m. in the Gentile Gallery, J.C. Williams Center.
Eberstadt’s talk, “Adam and Eve After the Pill” adheres to the ethos of her book, which holds that sexual freedom has inevitably produced widespread discontent.
“This isn’t just a Catholic thing,” Eberstadt says, drawing on extensive evidence to document the ill effects of the sexual revolution. “In severing sex from procreation, humankind set in motion forces that have by now shaped and reshaped almost every aspect of life in the Western World.”
Eberstadt, a research fellow at the Hoover Institution, says the sexual revolution has altered economics, culture, and law. Families are smaller and birthrates have sunk, while divorce and out-of-wedlock births have soared. The modern welfare state has been harder to sustain because fewer children have been born to replace aging parents, Eberstadt explains.
Eberstadt’s talk is part of the spring 2013 Distinguished Speakers Series at Franciscan University, and is sponsored by Veritas. The event is free and open to the public.
Through the Distinguished Speakers Series, Franciscan University hosts leaders whose integration of their faith and public life inspire the next generation to be a transforming presence in the Catholic Church and society.
Franciscan University of Steubenville
http://franciscan.edu OH, 43952 US
Tom Sofio - Associate Director of Public Relations,
Sexual Revolution, Mary Eberstadt
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Ex corde Ecclesiae Symposium, March 5-6
- Tú Me Sostendrás Calls Listeners to a Stronger Relationship with God
- Holy Spirit Catholic School Open House
- 100+ Priests & Deacons Gather in Rome for International Conference Confraternities of Catholic Clerg
- Honor y Gloria a Él Inspires with Songs of Hope and Adoration
- Catholic Clergy issue Joint Statement on Marriage
- March for Life 2015; Franciscan University Students Prepare the Celebrate 'Every Gift Is a Gift'
- Sacred Psalm Texts and Latin Rhythm Combine In New Bilingual Album
- Dr. Janet Smith the Present Catholic Teaching on Reproductive Technologies
- Concert Features Music and Verse from the Middle Ages to Today