“Mary’s Gift of Mercy” to be Shared on Anniversary of Roe v. Wade
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
STEUBENVILLE, OH (January 14, 2013) - Blessed Pope John Paul II was known as a strong leader and dynamic communicator, but many fail to remember the person who inspired, guided, and cared for him throughout his mission to spread a culture of life: Mary, the Mother of God.
On January 22, the 40th anniversary of the Supreme Court’s Roe v. Wade decision to legalize abortion, Father Michael Gaitley, MIC, will speak at Franciscan University of Steubenville on the Blessed Mother, her son’s Divine Mercy, and how these elements guided the beloved pope throughout his pontificate.
Titled “Mary’s Gift of Mercy: John Paul II and the Second Greatest Story Ever Told,” Father Gaitley’s lecture will be held in the Gentile Gallery of the J.C. Williams Center at 7:30 p.m.
During his talk, Father Gaitley will draw connections to Mary’s role in the pro-life cause, and he will pass out free copies of his book on Marian consecration, 33 Days to Morning Glory. Father Gaitley, who graduated from Franciscan University in 1999, is a member of the Marians of the Immaculate Conception, the religious order entrusted with the Divine Mercy messages given by Jesus to St. Faustina Kowalska of Poland in the 1930s. Their mission includes spreading devotion to Mary as the Immaculate Conception and promoting the Divine Mercy message and devotion. The Marians have been official promoters of the authentic Divine Mercy message since 1941.
The talk is sponsored by Franciscan University’s chapter of Students for Life, and is free and open to the public.
Franciscan University of Steubenville
http://www.franciscan.edu OH, 43952 US
Tom Sofio - Associate Director of Public Relations,
Mary, Divine Mercy, Pope John Paul II
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- RealOptions Presents Rachel’s Vineyard Retreats
- Angels and Saints at Ephesus again No. 1 on Billboard’s Classical Traditional Music Chart
- The CatholicTV Network to air Feature on the Fine Arts Summer Academy
- The CatholicTV Network to air Ordinations to the Priesthood for the Archdiocese of Boston
- Live Web Event with Scott Hahn
- New Book by IPS Brings together Psychologists, Theologians and Philosophers to 'Build the Bridge'
- Remembering Fr. Kapaun and all our fallen heroes on Memorial Day
- First U.S. Publisher to Speak at Canadian Catholic Schools Convention
- IPS Press Announces Last Book from the Late Benedict Ashley, O.P. A Culmination of His Life's Work
- Human cloning for stem cells remains unethical, impractical and dangerous